Finally! Some action.

Crow Terminator

This post goes back to Saturday afternoon. I went to Watts Bar out to catch anything willing to bite. Scouted my summer crappie spots and they were vacant. But the skies looked like it was about to storm so I just decided to stick close to the ramp and play with my sonar setup. In doing so I was playing between the map cards and following what the map said was a roadbed and ran across a big school of what I figured were white or yellow bass. I was correct on the White bass guess and what happened next was just plain fun. For the next hour and a half, I literally caught fish on every cast. I started with a spoon and that was great until I got careless in boat flipping them and the spoon came out of ones mouth and buried right into my leg. Got that out and decided I needed a non treble hook bait. Put an A rig on and started catching 2 and 3 at a time. I used it until they bent the wires so bad it was useless and no hope of straightening out. It started lightning and thundering so I left. No idea how many fish I actually did catch!

I couldn't wait to get back. Wednesday morning was the soonest I could go. Went back to the same area and there wasn't a fish to be seen on the graph. The mega school had vanished. I scanned for quite a while and never found them. Decided I'd try some more areas and nadda. Hmm. Around 11 o clock I still hadn't picked a rod up or found a school to fish. Decided I'd go home. On the way to the ramp I went back by where I'd found the fish Saturday and previously scanned that morning and guess what...there was a school that had moved in. Not as big of a school but definitely fun. They were almost hugging the bottom in 25 foot water. I only stayed with them about an hour and ended up catching 32 and then they moved and I went on home. It's hard working 3rd shift, fishing after work, and then making myself leave the lake to go to bed.

20240518_154427.jpg
20240518_164525.jpg
20240518_161227.jpg
20240522_103841.jpg
20240522_105202.jpg
20240522_130814.jpg
20240518_153447.jpg

Latest posts