Finally going to get a good call this year

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I hope so at least, and with y'all helping me out I'm sure I will. I've always used just an off the shelf pot call and mouth calls, but I have never been satisfied with any of the pots I've had. I'm able to put $50-60 into a new call, and would like you to point me in the right direction. How much is a Twisted Sister? Any others I should look at? Can I get one for that much money? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Coldfusion

Absolutely watch ads on OG. Hollaran makes great calls, but there are alot of other good ones as well. Hollaran, SS calls, Mike Yingling, hanks game calls, Macs game calls, Schaffer, brad Roberts, pecker wrecker, and it goes on. Another outstanding call I'm wanting to buy is Lonnie Sneed. His green glass sounds awesome and from what i understand brand new his calls are fair priced. You can easily stay in your budget and find a good call. I love pot calls and also make them. Me personally I like glass surface the best overall, but each surface has it's perks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Andy S.":2hbjqn07 said:
Do you have a particular surface (slate, aluminum, glass, crystal, ceramic, etc) that you're wanting, or just any quality pot in that price range?

I'd say I prefer a glass or ceramic, but mostly just a good call.

Coldfusion

Poorhunter if your able to go to the NWTF convention, go on that friday and be there when they open. Many call makers run show specials and you maybe able to catch a better deal on a new call. Hollaran is there every year. I believe houndstooth, pecker wrecker, and hanks will.be too. All of them have highly reviewed ceramics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

catman529

If I was gonna spend $60 on a turkey call I'd get one of Halloran's crystal pots. But I can't bring myself to spend that much on a turkey call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Wow, I didn't know it was going to be this hard to decide! Lots and lots of great looking calls with lots of options...worse than buying a car. And far more important :tu: . Really wish I could go to NWTF and sound them out, so we'll see.

prstide

Andy S.":fhig6sgs said:
Lots of good choices out there, but for a new call with those two surfaces, and in that price range, you might want to consider Houndstooth. The owner, Lyle, is a super nice fellow.

https://houndstooth-game-calls-2.myshop ... ctions/all

I'll second this. I've got 4 pots from him and every single one of em sounds great. As Andy said, Lyle is a good guy.

String Music

Halloran Crystal Mistress is a proven killer. Darrin Dawkins plastic calls are also deadly.

I have a Houndstooth aluminum I really like. I just ordered a Blackstone glass double-sider that I'll report back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts