Finally going to get a good call this year

Tennessee Lead

deerduck38201":1092mxif said:
String Music":1092mxif said:
Roberts Bros also makes a very solid call for $50.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Roberts-Brothers ... Swc-tY1D7g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of these and I can attest that its great also. Haven't seen these guys at the convention in a few years though.
Think they have recently started making calls again.

Roost 1

No longer Roberts Bros just Roberts game calls or something like that.
Not trying to offend anyone as this is just my personal opinion but they along with
Some others listed in his thread are not in the same league as Lonzo, Dawkins, or Halloran.
Once again this is my personal opinion. That and $2 will prolly buy a cup of coffee. :tu:

String Music

Roost 1":19cyol02 said:
No longer Roberts Bros just Roberts game calls or something like that.
Not trying to offend anyone as this is just my personal opinion but they along with
Some others listed in his thread are not in the same league as Lonzo, Dawkins, or Halloran.
Once again this is my personal opinion. That and $2 will prolly buy a cup of coffee. :tu:

I can't argue that. However, the Roberts is still an improvement over the calls the OP has been using.

Andy S.

I'm just throwing out options as they come to mind. Enticer calls are a big step up from mass produced calls, and at a fair price to the consumer. I've spoke with Al several times over the years and he has always been very helpful, and just a joy to talk to. Check them out. His "all-weather" calls have a big following for those who hunt out in the elements at all costs.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rkey+calls

String Music

bowhunterfanatic":2o45mh9w said:
Can't go wrong with a Crystal Mistress. I picked one up last year and was thrilled with it.

A Crystal Mistress with a two piece dymondwood striker will make your toes curl.

There's no telling how many turkeys have been killed across the country with that call.

Poleaxe

I'm impressed with the sound of the Blackstone pots. I'm gonna try a couple of those this year. He finished second at NWTF last year and just won three divisions at a contest in Ohio. I might be putting my crystal mistress up this year. Not to mention his calls are $40-50.

String Music

Poleaxe":osk7ussx said:
I'm impressed with the sound of the Blackstone pots. I'm gonna try a couple of those this year. He finished second at NWTF last year and just won three divisions at a contest in Ohio. I might be putting my crystal mistress up this year. Not to mention his calls are $40-50.

I have a walnut glass double-sider on the way that I'm excited about. It will be my first call of his but likely not the last.

cbhunter

Poleaxe":h7m2909e said:
do you wanna part with your mistress?

Jbird22

I had a Twisted Sister for a few seasons and IMO I had other calls that sounded better. There's no doubt the TS would call turkeys though, just a personal preference thing. A few call makers I'd recommend keeping an eye out for in the OG classifieds that haven't been mentioned already are: Andy Kaiser, Jimmy Schaffer (Mad Hen II in particular is a great call), Kimmy Hanks, and Doug Morgan (local MS callmaker who builds an excellent pot for well under $60).

Latest posts