Fiber Optic or Battery

Bow Hunter

Maybe my sight is just old since I'v hade it for 10 years and its getting harder to see so been thinking about trying a battery operated one, what do ya'll think?

TheAirMan

I would look at some newer models before I went with a light. Some come with a light anyway. You have to watch though, some of the lights will cause a halo effect around the pins making it harder to see your target.

stik

Bow Hunter said:
Maybe my sight is just old since I'v hade it for 10 years and its getting harder to see so been thinking about trying a battery operated one, what do ya'll think?

replace the fibers

Buck Assassin

Fiber optics. Get a sight with about 2 feet of wrapped fiber optic and the pins will be bright enough to see well past shooting light. I have a sight from trophy ridge with 2 feet of fiber optics and on a night when the moon is out I can shoot if I can see the target. it is super bright!

Radar

Buck Assassin said:
Fiber optics. Get a sight with about 2 feet of wrapped fiber optic and the pins will be bright enough to see well past shooting light. I have a sight from trophy ridge with 2 feet of fiber optics and on a night when the moon is out I can shoot if I can see the target. it is super bright!
Ditto on the wrapped fiber optic ! I would also add that .029 is a good choice for 20 yard pins and .019 for 30 yards and up. You can go with .029 for all the pins , but it covers more of the intended target at longer yardages . The advantage of .029 for hunting is the brightness factor in low light.

Latest posts