Few decent walleye

Dbllunger

Went with a friend Thursday afternoon and we did some jigs tipped with minnows bouncing on the bottom. We managed boating 6 nice keepers with the two largest being caught by my friend. One was 6 lbs and the other was 7 lbs. These and bluegill are my favorite eating fresh water fish.

20210513_200942.jpg
20210513_200847.jpg
20210513_195130.jpg

Dbllunger

very nice. thats the same way i fish for jacks in winter and early spring.

about what size jig were yall using?

I was using 3/4 ounce jigs I pour myself with a 2" soft plastic swimbait. Straight vertical jigging. 1/2 ounce would have been plenty with the current we were fishing I just don't have any poured up right now.

TiminTN

Beauties!! I have a buddy who drives 5 hours to fish for them at Bull Shoals. Does Tennessee have walleye? I'm born raised west TN flatlander. I hope I'm in for a suprise!!

WTM

Beauties!! I have a buddy who drives 5 hours to fish for them at Bull Shoals. Does Tennessee have walleye? I'm born raised west TN flatlander. I hope I'm in for a suprise!!
they are native to some parts of the cumberland river mostly KY side and stocked in middle and east tennessee. they stocked some in some of the TWRA lakes but i dont know of anyone that has caught any of them.

PickettSFHunter

Very nice, best eating ever! We have a spawn out of Dale Hollow where I live that is popular to fish. Honestly 90% of people just grab hook or net since there is no enforcement, you can watch them every night. I went 4 times this year during the spawn and caught one (fishing legally). Same for my fishing buddies that were fishing legally. The grabhookers and netters were coming out with some major hauls though. I am interested in learning a lot more and trying again next March.

Latest posts