Fayette Co. Dove Hunting land

BowHunter22

Dove hunting on the Wolf River WMA.. last year was prob the worst hunt ever we shot one dove all day. Has anyone checked the field this year for good heads on the sunflowers/birds?

CZ284

BH22- I'm going to my sister in law's this afternoon and may drive around a bit. Will put something on here tomorrow morning if I see any birds.

Colonel Reb

I hunted the Fayette lease today. No birds, and only heard shots few and far between on the whole 40 acre spread. Someone out there said it was hot opening day, but not now. I've never killed a dove on public land in Tennessee three years running. There was an article in the Commercial Appeal today about declining numbers of hunters. They gave lots of reasons why, alluding to the fact that the costs are high. They didn't come right out and say it in the article, but if you don't have your own land, the hunting is going to suck, especially for doves. I hate it for those young boys out there with their dads getting bored because there is no action. They may have to do like the quail and start pen raising them to shoot.

CZ284

BH22- I drove through the Wolf River WMA yesterday afternoon about 4:30 on the way home. I didn't see any large heads on the fields (did see a few hunter's heads sticking up above what they had planted though). There were about 10 trucks total, and I didn't see a single bird flying. Picked up a map while there- call me and I'll share some thoughts on hunting it for deer.
CZ 488-1780

outlaw78

i hunted the lease opening day was there maybe a hour and had a teenager shoot at a very low bird ,took about 25 pellets in the side got pissed about that and left,sunday went to wolf river wma,birds were flying great between first light and 10 went back that afternoon and pulled a zero,it could have been better but i have hunted alot worse.

VolDoug

Gutpile, I hope you let the teenager know about it before you left.

There is no excuse for that!

Latest posts