Fawn survival in this heat wave

DaveB

Quesiton is, any statistics or first hand experience with how this heat wave will affect fawn survival rates?

BSK

I don't think heat is the main problem. I think drought is. Droughts can have a serious impact on fawn survival.

BigAl

We've got a mom/fawn that have taken up residence just over the fence from us. Mom seems to keep her near a pond most of the time, and on several occasions I've seen them standing right at the edge of the water. Heck, I'm sure in these dry conditions, its tough for anything out in the wild.

hoyt30

I was up at my place on thursday. seen 1 very young fawn. seen two more were alot older one bigger than the other. they looked very healthy. no moms around these were n the thick stuff. Glad to see em making it. seen a few turkey poults also. Weather has gotta b hard on em.

RedDawg

Took a dead one away from a neighbor dog that found it on our property yesterday. Was probably only dead for a day or two and was probably only a day or two old. Buried it with the front end loader - didn't want the dog thinking lunch was on me...

I can only imagine the heat and drought was hard on them.

Latest posts