Favorite time/place to camp?

moondawg

What's your favorite time and place to camp?

I prefer cooler weather camping...daytime temps in 60s and lows in the 40's. 50s/30s is also good. Anything warmer than 70s/50s is too warm for me. I like to camp in the early spring, late fall, and winter. Less bugs and snakes, and sometimes, less people. Nothing like a good campfire...doesn't make sense if it's 80 degrees at night. :eek:

I like camping at Spring River or the White River, both in Arkansas. I usually go with my dad, brothers, and some friends. We have a fish camp, we do a lot of fishing. In November--the weekend of TN gun opener--there's a bunch of us that go to the White River in AR. For the most part, we're the only ones there at the park. We have lots of GOOD food, all prepared and cooked at camp. We eat like Kings! And we have a bonfire that you could probably see from outer space. Oh, and we do some fishing when time allows. :D It's the only time I see my uncle, he and some of his buddies come from Florida to partake in the fun.

citico_tim

Mountains of East TN especially during hunting season. Although I enjoy company some of my most memorable trips have been alone. Outside of Tennesse my favorite place was Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota but it's been awhile since I've been.

PICT0100-1.jpg

PICT3339.jpg

Backpack in and you can sometimes find some real game:

hog2-1.jpg

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
My favorite time of the year is October. Favorite place would be hard to pick. I like Indian Boundary Lake, Fall Creek Falls, Roan Mountain State Park, Rock Creek Campground near Erwin, Piney at LBL, and many others. My wife and I camp a lot. There is also Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina, and Fort Desota Park near Tampa, Florida.

dcsoldier44

Myaka State Park in Sarasota County Florida will always have a special place in my heart. My dad and I camped there so much the rangers gave him a key to the gates. alot of good memories from those days. I still remember everone one of those trips. hed set up camp and id be off getting poision ivy some where. and at night we'd mess with the coons and what not. that part of florida isnt known for deer but we always saw them and turkeys.

the army has soured me when it comes to "campin" so i havent gone in a very long time. but now that i have a son of my own i feel its time to get back into it. he loves to be outside so im sure he'd like it alot.

im having a hard time adjusting to city life here in el paso tx. luckly there are about 5 or 6 national parks within 3 hours of here. most are in the mountians to. i need a break and am headed to camp of the tall pines this weekend for just that. got my tent and cooler ready to go. kind of a fathers day gift to myself i guess ( and a big 3d shoot as well)

and as far as a time of year.....fall and early spring id say are my favorite times to camp or even be outside period. not to hot and not to cold.

Unicam

Mount Baker in Washington State in late August Early Septemeber.

Hike in about 4 miles to a nice little trout stream I know, catch dinner, pull the cold beer outta the stream and the corn on the cob and taters from the fire!! MAN I need to make a road trip!!

moondawg

Chief Tap-a-Keg said:
Where is that moondawg?

Nice tent

That is my brother's tent. I have one just like it, except mine doesn't have the vestibule.

That is at Bull Shoals State Park in Bull Shoals, AR. That is our gathering place for a few days to fish, camp, eat, drink, etc.

Latest posts