Favorite ML

bcunnin1

I am thinking about picking up another one, I have owned two one a T/C GreyHawk and the other an Austin Halleck Mountain rifle. I am thinking about getting a newer In-line so what do yall like? It needs to be easy to clean, and nothing too expensive about as much as I will pay is for the new Thompson Center, and I would rather not.

mike243

i dont know that there are any bad MZL made,i like a break action for the ease of unloading & cleaning.i have sidelock,bolt action & a break open action which i like the best.i have a cva optima pro nickle barrel that is very easy to take care of.the blued would be a fine choice in any of the break actions as its so easy to clean,no more taking scopes off or hooking water tubes up to the barrel to flush.most start at $200 or less,good luck choosing 1 cause there are alot to look at :) mike243

Matador

I agree with mike243, based on your post, I think you should look at the CVA Optima. Believe you would like the price. They are excellent muzzleloaders and easy to clean. Only thing I find wrong with them is they are a tad heavy to suit me. New England firearms has a breakdown too that I like and would fit your price range. Luck and lets us know what you get and how you like it.

Model70Man

I've had 3 ML. A CVA Eclipse Magnum and a CVA Optima. It took 15 minutes to clean the Eclipse Magnum, but it shot great. I liked the ease of cleaning the Optima but the dog gone thing weighed close to 12 pounds after the mounts and scope was on it. I bought a TC Encore 2 years ago and have never looked back. MOA accuracy, easy to clean, and light weight. I can't ask for anything more in a ML.

Gravey

I've only owned 2 -- a Knight T-5 Woodsman and now a T/C Encore. I like both but the Knight took a lot longer to clean. Granted I got it in the late 80's or early 90's and MZ's have come a long way since then. Other than that I really like that gun and my brother-in-law still hunts with it today. I have to agree with everything Model70 said about the Encore. I don't have one negative thing to say about it. Lots of other good ones out there. Have fun looking and I hope you find the one you want.

Tnyoteboy

I've had 5 TCs and loved everyone of them. New Englander, Hawken, Thunderhawk, Encore and Omega. Traded the Encore last year for the Omega and some cash. I had planned on buying extra barrels for the Encore till I got to looking at prices and it didn't make sense to keep it if I wasn't going to buy barrels. I liked everyone of them, just wanted to upgrade through the years.

bohunter2001

i dont mind the weight of the optima. I have owned the optima and two of the optima elites. 1/2 the price of the encore and just as accurate. I just purchased my second elite and plan on getting more barrels as soon as customs releases them to the factory, they are decently priced.

T/C just sent DSA an Omega z5 model blued with black stock for raising funds....

smokepolehall

I have owned 3 inlines, 2 were H&R huntsman 58 and a 45. They were ok not great but not bad. I have T/C Blk.Dia. 50 SS Express XR very accurate and takes 20-30 min. to clean. Have owned 6 caplocks all were good 4 were T/C 's 1 FIE and a TVA custom. I only have a t/C GreyHawk left, takes half hour to clean right. i reckon breakdown inlines would be the easiest and fastest to clean. They all seem to be decent if the model has been around for several years. You get what you pay for, some are abit better than others. As you can read i prefer T/C products but i don't put others makes down as bad.

Latest posts