Fairly quick hunt

gobbler32

He gobbled few times on roost, I made one tree call. After he was on the ground I know he gobbled 50 plus times, I purred twice on a Pittman slate and a soft yelp not long after that. Never made another call and he strutted and gobbled to about 20y. My ole 835 finished the deal at 642 a.m. 22.5lbs 10 1/4 beard and 1in spurs. Hickman Co

Attachments

• 20210403_070221.jpg
    20210403_070221.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87

Andy S.

Congrats to you, sounds like a fine hunt. As of 9PM last night, Hickman had checked out the 4th most birds yesterday out of all 87 counties that were open for hunting. What quadrant of Hickman County did you get him in? NE, NW, SE or SW? Reason I ask is my buddy hunts SW quadrant near Pleasantville and his birds have disappeared. Of course, the complete acorn failure this past fall is not helping his area at all.

gobbler32

Congrats to you, sounds like a fine hunt. As of 9PM last night, Hickman had checked out the 4th most birds yesterday out of all 87 counties that were open for hunting. What quadrant of Hickman County did you get him in? NE, NW, SE or SW? Reason I ask is my buddy hunts SW quadrant near Pleasantville and his birds have disappeared. Of course, the complete acorn failure this past fall is not helping his area at all.
Andy this is kyle, yeah the birds in pvlle have diminished alot. I got this one from a farm that on Centerville side of county. The overall turkey population here has went down in my opinion. Im not over the lease you were on anymore. Got tired of trying to recruit members relentlessly

Latest posts