Eye Surgery - LASIK

archer19

Eyes are one of the most important pieces of gear you have.

I had LASIK on Sept. 25th and it was worth every penny. NEW WORLD!! Anybody else had it done?

If you have considered it, just get it done.
I went from being a finger counter, basically blind as a bat to 20/10. Man I can see!!!

B Strong

Sistr in law had it done about 6 or 7 years ago. She went from having to wear glasses to not using them at all.
After this long she says it still works fine and she can tell no degradtion to her sight.

DMD

Had it about 5 years ago. Worked great...I went from worse than 20/500 to 20/20. Only problem, I have some problem seeing in dim conditions. Still worth it.

archer19

I kept putting it off because of the price. But after having it done, I'd gradly have paid triple.
Procedure: about 15 to 20 seconds per eye. 1 day of lying in the bed. No problems whatsoever.

If you're sick of glasses, just bite the bullet and have it done.
Not to say that something couldn't go wrong, surgery is surgery.

But wow, I'm thankful every morning when I wake up that I don't have to go reaching for those glasses.

Catfish007

I had it done about 6 years ago. The first few months driving at night was ruff. The on coming car lights were real bright, that did pass after about 4 months.
It is well worth it, the feeedom of not having to wear glasses is great.

archer19

Had it done at TLC Center in Johnson City

Have 3 prices:
1995.00 per eye

depends on your eyes, have astigmatism probabaly puts you into the highest price. mine was 4200.00 total with lifetime commitment.

Check their website: TLC.COM sometimes the run specials or have printable discount coupons. The take some types of insurance

JimFromTN

I had it done 5 years ago and I love it. No more foggy glasses while trying to shoot.

Its a pretty easy procedure but if you are worried then I'd stick with a real doctor that is associated with a hospital. They aren't going to let some quack with a certificate in that got their lasik machine off of ebay. I had Stewart Shofner do mine. I don't know where he is now but he was associated with Baptist. Jeffrey Horn is another good one. He used to be associated with Vanderbilt. I don't know if he still is.

NoNtYpiCaL1

Thought about doing it but afraid of the problem of blinding lights in the dark. I work driving at night and would hate to have that complication. Let me hear your experiences with this.

archer19

With all the testing they did on me, they can give you percentages for probabilty for certain side effects. Certainly they can guarantee nothing. But they also told me that they turn away as many people as the do the procedures on. Where I went, if they don't think you will have a very good outcome they won't perform the surgery.

Personally I have had zero effects other than being able to see like a HAWK!!!!

ratsnakeboogy

pastorbmp said:
TNlasik in Knoxville. I had both eyes done for $1500. They ran a "special" for awhile, I do not know what their price is now.

Ditto, I paid $1600 or $1700 total on special. DR. Colby Stewart. TNlasik has a website.

I would have paid $5000 if I had known it would be this good.

jakeway

NoNtYpiCaL1 said:
Thought about doing it but afraid of the problem of blinding lights in the dark. I work driving at night and would hate to have that complication. Let me hear your experiences with this.

I had just slight haziness with lights at night for about 6 months, but it clearup up.

My last eye exam I read EVERY LETTER ON THE BOTTOM LINE of the eye chart with no glasses.

My only regret is that I waited so long before having it done. Now I'm in my mid-50s and need reading glasses for anything within arm's length. I can follow a blood trail if the drops are pretty clear, I have to carry glasses for those tiny drops on red and yellow leaves that you have to hold up to see if it's really blood.

Howa

I had it done at Arrowsmith in Nashville 9 years ago, and it was worth every penny. I'm still better thatn 20/20 after 9 years!!! No glasses, no contacts, and I can see when I wake up! Highly recommend to anybody that is thinking about it.

Latest posts