Excalibur Matrix 355

Forvols

Well I finally shot the Matrix 355, w/HAWKE XB1 SR scope, 20"Black Eagle Executioner arrows and 150gr field points, stock string. Although my first crossbow, that thing is a beast. Cocking was not bad at all (240lb). Though I may shorten my cocking aid rope. Not to loud but I haven't shot a vertical bow in years or any other crossbow. But with the speed and accuracy of this xbow out to 40yds(my determined range I would take a shot) the deer wont hear until pass through anyway. Once I got it zeroed in at 20yds and did speed adjustment at 30yds I shot several more at that range. One thing I learned I will NOT be shooting multiple arrows at the same bull and leaving previous arrows in the target. Nicked 2 nocks and messed up some fletchings. Very tight grouping at 30yds. Next is do some 40yds shots, probably shoot 50 and 60yds just to say I did..but in the woods think my max will be 40yds. Still need to test my slicktricks broad heads for accuracy.

ETA:
Oh trigger was OK-- creep take up was alittle gritty but wall and break was crisp, but alittle stiff, so may do some polishing there later on. Still figuring out cheek weld, eye relief and just holding the xbow for best accuracy.

Forvols

I didn't care much for the stock Excalibur trigger on my Matrix 355. Cabelas had a sale on a single stage Trigger Tech 2.5lb drop in trigger, I did a lot of research on them and thought I will give one a try. Man extremely well built true drop in sealed no lube required, aluminum housing stainless steel guts. Polished rounded string claws (lessen the wear on serving) It uses a roller frictionless design. No creep (single stage) really no creep at all, trigger is right at the wall once you chocolate chip cookie it. Break is smooth, no grit and comes in at 2.7lbs. Big improvement over the stock Excalibur stock trigger. For the price I paid for the EXCAL Matrix 355 I would have like to had the option to get the TT upgrade during purchase.

Trigger tech has mainly made crossbow triggers/ AR triggers. But now venturing into bolt guns they make a drop in for the Remmie 700 (which I have in 06) an has a stock trigger that has been gunsmith worked with Fajen custom stock. But Im tempted to give the Trigger Tech remmie drop in a try, it is also adjustable 1.5-4lbs for 130 bucks.

Latest posts