Ever have anybody lock up?

ImThere

I pit a buddy up in a loc on today. Got a text a while latter says come here asap. So i get to his location
he says he needs help.
I ask what
he says i cant move.
I say what
He says i cant move

So i climbed up the climbing stick lower his gear loosen his tree strap and tlak him it to turning and steping im placing his feet on the rungs climbing down with him. He almost pukes when his feet hit the ground it was a scary situation for sure. He couldn't shoot, couldn't move wouldn't climb down
After about 30 min he was back to normal but has sworn off loc ons lol

280longshot

I only use large lock ons but have never had a problem.
The sense of being very high without much around you softens as you have other trees and things close as a visual.
On the other hand if you are in a small hang on wihtout anything close the sense of being high is multiplied.

catman529

Dang never heard of that before. Must be scary, glad you got him down safe. I never get scared in a tree, you know that wooden death trap I used to hunt out of lol

rem270

When i climb to the top of my climbing sticks i immediately clip my harness to the tether and i'm strapped in before i climb in or out of the stand. They used to bother me but that's about all i hunt out of now.

catman529

Eric Kilby said:
I climbed up in a tree one morning a lot higher than I normally go and when it got daylight I about had a panic attack ( I really really don't like heights ) because I didn't have my harness on
Yep wear the harness, I sure did the one time I climbed 50 feet up and I wear one 99% of the time climbing a tree.

plinker22

Only time I ever had anybody lock up was caving as a young teen. She was a beautiful gal & truth be known, I enjoyed her "locking up".

LA man said:
I use lock ons but I don't feel safe in them. And yes I use my harness.I feel ALOT safer in my api climber
I also feel much safer in my climber.

southernhunter

Hunting is no fun if your scared the whole time . Been there done that . I'd rather just sit on a stump rather than be scared to death in a stand . Plus it's very unsafe to get that afraid when in a stand , I use ladder stands mostly now days

MUP

Like Rem270 said, I tie on as soon as I get to the top of my stik ladder, before stepping into the stand, or I place one foot onto it while the other is on the ladder, and then tie on. I suppose he's skeered of heights? It is a funny feeling being in one of those little loc ons I guess, when I'm in mine, it's like I'm just attached to the tree by my back they're so small. :)

cozy23

The first couple of times in a lock on make me a little nervous but that goes away once I get situated. I do prefer double or triple trunk trees to give me more "security".

TRIGGER

I had never felt that feeling until my buddy that worked on cell phone towers took me up one. I made it to around 200' and "locked up" for a few. I had to set there for a while and regain my composure. I made it to the top and back down but defenately know the feeling.

Mike Belt

My wife used to deer hunt with me. I used to drop her off at a stand, wait for her to climb up, and head to mine. I swear I could put her in a 12" diameter oak tree loaded with acorns and before she could get up there wouldn't be any left in the tree she'd be shaking so bad. I bought her a ladder stand and she still couldn't make it over 6 feet off the ground. I ended up building her a shooting house raised about 8 feet off the ground before she could hunt off the ground. It's never bothered me even after falling 30 feet...hang on or climber.

ImThere

He said he didn't mind heights before i put him in it. He said he was nervous but doing fine earlier then he reached in his pocket for some reason and drug his wallet out and it fell to the ground. When he looked straight down it got him. I was just glad to get him on the ground. He was tethered to the tree the whole time. I even loosened up the strap and helped get it around the hang on and down the tree