Ever had a kill that yielded no blood??(Now with pics)

Bushape

Stuck my first buck tonight and was a pretty good 8. Quartering away and dropped and spun as the arrow got there. I saw the arrow sticking out but couldn't tell if ribs or back leg. Didn't find a drop of blood in a few minutes of looking so I backed out. Going back in morning so send some good vibes my way.

***Shot was back but the angle of the deer allowed the arrow to travel into the vitals. Found him 60 yards away with a lot of red blood coming out of his mouth. Not one external drop of blood.****
Will post a pic when I figure out how.

catman529

Re: Ever had a kill that yielded no blood??

I've shot them with no exit that didn't leave a blood trail. Also if you hit right in the crease of the leg/shoulder muscle it will often prevent the hole from bleeding. But it sounds like you could have hit your deer anywhere. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fairchaser

Dropped a buck once and it took me 5 minutes to find a bullet hole. There was no blood. I thought for a minute he just passed out and would wake up any second. I finally picked him up by the back legs and shook him and one little drop of blood trickled from his front shoulder. I shot him base of the neck and the bullet traveled lengthwise and never exited. He died before he could bleed any. The entry wound was invisible until that one drop of blood. I've never seen anything like that since.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled

Shot one last year about 10 yards from my tree so really steep shot angle, plowed through upper shoulder blade on way in and it never exited. I thought I saw him tumble at 100 yards. I went to area I shot and looked for blood. All I found was a little hair. Followed the exact path he went and found him where I thought he tumbled. Chest cavity was filled with blood but not much came out. I did end up finding a few spots where some came out from his mouth but that was it.

Omega

Yup, a bunch of times, even after getting them to the gambrel, there is just a small trickle. If the shot hadn't done the job quickly they would have been almost unretrievable.
ZwQwDft.jpg

Kt8nmfZ.jpg

Omega

Re: Ever had a kill that yielded no blood??(update deer foun

Bushape":2zcsail5 said:
Stuck my first buck tonight and was a pretty good 8. Quartering away and dropped and spun as the arrow got there. I saw the arrow sticking out but couldn't tell if ribs or back leg. Didn't find a drop of blood in a few minutes of looking so I backed out. Going back in morning so send some good vibes my way.

***Shot was back but the angle of the deer allowed the arrow to travel into the vitals. Found him 60 yards away with a lot of red blood coming out of his mouth. Not one external drop of blood.****
Will post a pic when I figure out how.
Good news, glad you recovered him.

Bushape

Snake":2mecwo2h said:
Congrats and glad you found him , waiting on the pictures .

Sorry. Struggling to figure it out. Omega is trying to help me out in another thread. Once my pic uploads I have 3 vertical dots in the top right corner with "copy permalink" the only option that sounds viable. Click on the "share" font at the bottom of the pic and my options are to share via text, facebook, etc.

Hunter 257W

Congratulations on finding the deer!

I had one in particular that left no blood trail a few years ago. It was a heavy buck (190lbs live) that came trotting by in front of me about 70 yards out and I swung and shot and knew the sight picture looked good when I pulled the trigger. But it took a good while to find the 2 or 3 tiny drops of blood and a few hairs at the point of impact and then that was it. I was using a 7.62x39 with a 123 grain soft point so penetration wasn't great and I got no exit hole. I finally sat back down and kept hunting after looking and finding nothing. Sat there probably 2 more hours replaying the shot in my head 2nd guessing myself. Decided to give it one more try on the way to the house and walked about 50 more yards and there he lay dead as a rock. There was just the tiny hole behind the shoulder with hardly any blood at all leaking out. That's the main reason I've come up with a new load for that rifle using 150 grain bullets this year so I can hopefully get exit holes! :)

JeepKuntry

Glad you found him. I have had crappy blood trails on some of my ML kills. I shoot a 240 grain xtp. The only good thing is the one's with crappy blood trails have all died within 60-80 yards so I am able to go towards where I heard the crash.

swd

Had one last year with the muzzleloader. Hit her perfect broadside. She jumped and ran 40 yards into some heavy CRP. There wasn't a drop of blood. I was starting to doubt the shot (even though it was under 60 yards). Found her about 20 seconds before I was ready to give up by grid searching the CRP. Not a drop of blood anywhere.

I think it was mostly answered prayer.

Snake

Sure have , well not much blood and it actually quit after a double lung @ 35 yards with a 7mm mag . Shot a tad high out of a tree stand and the lining around the intestines plugged the exit hole on a pretty good ten point . Only found him by taking sweeps and not giving up .

Winchester

Not that uncommon as Ive shot them with both gun and bow with complete pass thrus and they never bleed a drop externally. Lots of things can happen with lots of things to plug the holes, especially when shots are in certain areas of the anatomy.

JCDEERMAN

Pic IN the Casa":1j0dt1eg said:
Always used to with Powerbelts.
Same here. I shot several deer with Powerbelts with not a drop of blood found. Fortunately, I believe all of them were found within 75 yards or so. Tons of blood where they fell, but that defeats the purpose of using tracking as a tool

hitek7

The buck I shot Saturday basically did not bleed a drop, and then only a few drops where he died. I watched him go down so no big deal. It entered about 5 inch behind the shoulder (his left side). It exited in the shoulder. Really was not quartered that much so guessing the rib turned the path of the arrow.