Ever had a kill that yielded no blood??(Now with pics)

infoman jr.

Nice buck. I shot the one in my avatar high and in the back of the rib cage with no exit. He was extremely quartered away, and there was no blood. Luckily I saw the lighted nock glowing through the woods, and the buck was still attached to it.

JeepKuntry

Shot one a few years ago with a 240xtp bullet, pass thru. 3 of us could not find blood until we found the deer. A little bit right where he expired.

rukiddin

Shot a buck a few years ago with my ml using sst's. At the shot, the deer dropped. Laid there for about 45 secs then got up staggering down through woods. Deer only went about 60 yards but it took us an hour to find it. Zero blood. Shot was dead center of shoulder. The first time we saw any blood at all was when we strapped it to the 4 wheeler.

Crow Terminator

I've seen it several times myself. I got into the habit of making myself track them, even if I saw them go down and knew right where they were laying. Several times, I have found very sparse blood trails or no blood, come from deer that didn't go 100 yards. On the flip side, I have saw a couple that bled so much it looked like an over exaggerated blood scene from a horror movie and never recover the deer.

whwood21

Shot a doe with the bow from 20 ft up and the arrow entered through the right lung and decimated the heart. Left lung was full of blood. The Arrow bounced off the left shoulder it appeared and exited the neck area. Therefore no low exit wound in the chest cavity. No sign of blood at the site of impact. No trail, nada. Walk down the hill, there she laid with blood leaking out the neck area. No sign up broke that point, made for a fun and worrisome track.

Latest posts