Elusive Blue Turkey

big B

This morning the elusive blue turkey a.k.a. peacock,pitched down with 2 gobblers,5 jakes,and 2 hens.I managed to get a couple of pics even though I was shocked,I believe it thought it was just another a turkey.
Easter112.jpg
Easter110.jpg
Easter109.jpg

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
I was hunting some public land a few years ago and had a female peacock hanging out in the field with some turkeys. She acted like she was supposed to be there.

catman529

Oh duh everything tastes more or less like chicken :D I bet they do though. Hmm... no open season, but if they are hanging with turkeys, or interbreeding and producing hybrids, I wonder if you can take one or not. If you get a bearded turkey/peafowl hybrid I'd say shoot it, it's half turkey and has a beard :crazy:

stik

catman529 said:
Oh duh everything tastes more or less like chicken :D I bet they do though. Hmm... no open season, but if they are hanging with turkeys, or interbreeding and producing hybrids , I wonder if you can take one or not. If you get a bearded turkey/peafowl hybrid I'd say shoot it, it's half turkey and has a beard :crazy:

i don't think that is possible. is it?

TurkeyBurd

They are possible.

There is a such thing as a mix breed.

Im serious...Google the word Turcock.

Rad has killed one I think...or maybe his buddy did?

Latest posts