Food Plots Electric seeder options??

jmb4wd

Guys I've been thinking about buying a electric seeder to mount on my cultipacker frame. I hate cultipacking and taking it off to seed a tiny spot and then hooking back up again for final pass

I've been eying that new moultrie with electric adjustable gate?? Any opinions on it or the swisher brand seeder?? I know a lot of you use them on Atv's but I've never had any experience with one

thanks!!

DoubleRidge

The only seeders I use are herd Broadcast Seeders. They last forever.

Interesting..... reading on the MI-258 model and see where they mention mounting it on front of truck, jeep or tractor.....being 12V powered vs PTO driven......that could be handy....you could have spreader on front and mower on back....spray from ATV... Then sow and mow in one pass on tractor.

Even if disking or tilling....you could sow and cultipack in one pass....or cultipack, sow & cultipack in two pass...... anything to reduce number of passes over the plot ....less trips, less compaction of soil, less fuel and time consumed..... interesting option.

BSK

In all the years I've been doing food plots, I've owned two seeders, both the same model of Herd. They are fantastic. The one I have is mounted to a receiver hitch, so it will fit a truck, UTV or ATV. 12V battery powered. Very sturdy and has an agitator, which in my opinion is essential. I've used the Moultrie and other ATV-mounted brands many times on client's properties, and hate them.

Chief44

I picked up one of the moultrie electric gate spreaders a few weeks ago. Local co-op had them on sale for $269. Ive ran a manual gate on 4 wheeler for years but 4 wheeler was getting in bad shape and I wanted something I could operate from inside the cab of my side by side. So far I've used it to sow 3 food-plots and a dove field. Can turn off and on and adjust amount of seed with the remote. Been good so far. Only issue I had was with it feeding oats. They didn't want to feed as consistent as other seed.

BSK

Which model do you have?
Looking at their website, it doesn't appear they make the model I've been using anymore. However, it would be comparable to the I-258, holding around 200 lbs of seed, or close to 3 bushels. The agitator, stainless steel seed gate and spinner are what's important.

We mount it on a UTV.

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
GT 77 Herd on a 2" receiver hitch is hard to beat. Agitator in the bottom is great for small seeds such as clover.

Latest posts