East Tennessee Bear Hunt Information

varminthunter123

I was wondering if anyone on here could help me out with some information on a good spot for bear hunting in East Tennessee.
Getting older with some health issues and have always wanted to go on a bear hunt, so this year is going to have to be the year to try, if I can find a fairly good spot.
I have heard that Cocke county in the Cherokee National Forrest is good, but that's a lot of ground to cover if you've never been their before.
Would love to find a spot in Sevier county, but I don't think there is any public land to hunt.
Any information would be appreciated, I am try to plan a fall archery hunt 2012 for about 5 days.

7mminatree

Saw this post in other hunts also, I have 3 places of good bear hunting. 2 are on public land in Unicoi but access is land locked and one spot is my own personal property in Washington Co. that borders the bear reserve. I would trade for some good deer hunting property in west tn.

varminthunter123

7mminatree, if I had some private property for you to hunt on, you would be more than welcome to come down and hunt. I hunt on public land all the time. Not going to kill a monster, but it does offer a challenge though. I usually take anywhere from 3 to 6 deer season between archery, muzzeloader and gun. I took a nice 112 class 6-pointer this year with an inside spread of 16" and 19" main beams and 10" G2 with 4" eye guards. Not that great, but a very nice buck for public land.

7mminatree

Thanks for the reply varminthunter. I too, hunt mostly public land, I no spring chicken myself, that's why I was searching for a place in the flat land to hunt, it gets harder every year for me to climb the mountain ya know. But anyway stay in touch and if you don't find something to your liking, I think I might be able to help you out with the bear hunt. And heck you just might tag a good Mt. buck up here. We don't have many booners but we have some pretty respectable bucks in 120 to 140 class.I usually kill 1 to 3 per year here locally. I did kill a couple of 8pts this year one had a 13 1/2 spread and the other a 15 inch spread before I fell and blew my rotator cuff out which ended the season for me. I did see several bears this year and one that was at least 400+ lbs. You can tell a big bear by the size of thier head, it looks like a beach ball and thier ears had hard to find they look tiny in relation to the head. Best wishes,

Latest posts