Early morning trip yielded a couple of nice ones.

mossyhorns300

Had the day off at work today and decided to head back to that big 'ol stocked pond known as Glenn Springs. Caught a couple early on flukes on a big shallow grass flat. Once the sun got up, I moved out to the edge of the flat where it drops off into a treeline and down into a creek channel. I was sitting in 6 ft. of water and throwing into 18 ft. of water with a 3/16 oz. T-rigged Grape shad worm. Caught a 5 'lber, and on the very next cast, landed a 4 'lber from the same tree in the channel. Caught a couple more around 1.5 lbs before moving on. Switched to a Carolina rig and caught a couple smaller fish on main lake points, but I missed more than I boated. Called it a day around 11 a.m. or so.

Julyfish08002.jpg

A

Anonymous

I've never been before....but I don't have a boat, so an hour drive east where I can use whatever's on the bank is about the best I can do. What sort of pressure does Glenn Springs see? It's about half the distance from my house than my current hole.

mossyhorns300

Muddy Creek said:
I've never been before....but I don't have a boat, so an hour drive east where I can use whatever's on the bank is about the best I can do. What sort of pressure does Glenn Springs see? It's about half the distance from my house than my current hole.

I'll tell you this, it sees it's fair share of pressure. It's only like 310 acres, and on the weekends, there will be at least 20-30 boats on the lake. Yesterday, being a Tuesday morning, I counted 18 trucks and trailers in the parking lot that I could see. Thought it was a weekend day or something. I tend to stick with afternoons, because it doesn't seem as crowded once the morning crowd files out. You can come join me anytime you want, man. I'd be happy to take you out and show you the lake.

A

Anonymous

I appreciate the offer....I might just take you up on that one day soon. My boss hasn't told me to "Get out of here & go fishing" in a while, so maybe it'll hit sooner than later.

A

Anonymous

Can't swing it today.......I'm bowed up at work. Where in Memphis are you coming from?

mossyhorns300

If you want it to be, it is. They have a 10 fish limit with a 14-18 inch slot limit or protected length range. It was a 5 fish limit with only one being over 18", until this year, when it was raised to 10 fish with only one allowed over 18". Anything between 14-18" has to go back. I rarely keep any fish anyway. If I do, it's the 13 inchers.