Ducks anyone?

Spoonbillmallard

Nope didn't kill many this mornin wound up with 4 out on the lake. Did you guys hunt in Arkansas? If so where is your place?

I'm heading down to Arkansas to hunt for the next 3 days. Kinda hoping they don't leave before we get there due to the really cold temps that have come in in the last few days.

baller_9

Spent the whole week in Clarksdale, Mississippi. We shot a bunch of ducks but there aren't the numbers that there usually are. Have some friends that just got back from the White River in Arkansas and they slayed mallards all week.

Hawk

Saturday six of us picked up 11 and lost a couple. Sunday was even worse. Four.

Most years it is almost a given to limit out next to the refuge when you open a hole and slide the broken ice under the other ice.

A

Anonymous

goin to West TN on a guided duck hunt for my second ever duck hunt. I'm excited but I don't know anything about duck hunting other than its a ton of fun. Is the severe cold bad. This trip has to be better than my first. I saw like 6 ducks got my first a mallard drake, and the guy that took me got one also. then we seen this huge group of about 25 flying way up in the sky and he said they were northern ducks but they didn't come down I think they saw me move. Do you guys think by next wens the hunting will be good ?

Matt

No ducks in North Alabama. Maybe this cold weather will push them our way, and the high flyers will take off their oxygen masks.

Blue5

DrenalinXT08 said:
goin to West TN on a guided duck hunt for my second ever duck hunt. I'm excited but I don't know anything about duck hunting other than its a ton of fun. Is the severe cold bad. This trip has to be better than my first. I saw like 6 ducks got my first a mallard drake, and the guy that took me got one also. then we seen this huge group of about 25 flying way up in the sky and he said they were northern ducks but they didn't come down I think they saw me move. Do you guys think by next wens the hunting will be good ?
good luck!

RNT

DrenalinXT08 said:

The cold can be really bad when everything starts to freeze up. What is worse is when snow covers up the food. What type of setup are you gonna be hunting?? Next week, things should unthaw and get interesting.

WingNut

I am ready for Ducks, haven't been all year, think I am making a trip next week to Arkansas first year I haven't hunted about every weekend. Well never again. I will have all my "stuff" strait next year.

Joseph

This has been the worse year I have seen in my 25+ years of hunting waterfoul. On top of it we have had excellent conditions with water and weather. I don't understand it. Thank goodness for DU and Delta.....with out them, where would we be.

Latest posts