Duck and goose calls

devo1980

Does anyone have suggestions for decent (not cheapest or starter) they could recommend? Or if anyone is getting new calls or quitting, I'm looking for some.

Thanks
Devin

TAFKAP

A harelipped kindergartener could blow a Yentzen call and make it sound at least functional. Learn to blow this once nicely, then graduate up to a better acrylic. But honestly, you may just stay with this. Biggest downside to a wooden Yentzen is that the two halves can slip apart and leave you stranded when the reed falls out. The step up is their acrylic Yentzen ONE2 that screws together.

Westtnduckhtr

Haydel DR85
I have probably more duck and goose calls than some stores, all price ranges from Free to $1,500 each.
I always have a DR85 on lanyard next to in most cases various RNT calls. I also hunt with a former guide who has killed or witness being killed 10's of thousands of waterfowl, he blows a DR most days. Can't beat one at any price, period…

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Haydel DR85
I have probably more duck and goose calls than some stores, all price ranges from Free to $1,500 each.
I always have a DR85 on lanyard next to in most cases various RNT calls. I also hunt with a former guide who has killed or witness being killed 10's of thousands of waterfowl, he blows a DR most days. Can't beat one at any price, period…
Yep.

Bgoodman30

A harelipped kindergartener could blow a Yentzen call and make it sound at least functional. Learn to blow this once nicely, then graduate up to a better acrylic. But honestly, you may just stay with this. Biggest downside to a wooden Yentzen is that the two halves can slip apart and leave you stranded when the reed falls out. The step up is their acrylic Yentzen ONE2 that screws together.

So many better calls have been developed in the last 2 decades...

DR85 is a killer if you can stand the smell.

Or you just learn the Lares hybrid and be done...

Kyboy

So many better calls have been developed in the last 2 decades...

DR85 is a killer if you can stand the smell.

Or you just learn the Lares hybrid and be done...
Lares hybrid 100% best calls made and sound exactly like a duck.

Kyboy

I used to try new calls each year but after I picked up the Hybrid many years ago I just play around with new reeds for it.
Yep, I actually have two on my lanyard one with a shorter reed and one with longer reed. Two totally different calls

TAFKAP

Sorry my experience was kind of the opposite with them. Hard to run, lots of air and not helpful in my progression as a caller.

'Kay. So far, the Yentzen has been a good beginner call for me and my circle. I didn't say it was the best, and I didn't say everyone should have one. But it's been a good place to start.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I like the DR-85, but I have a Buck Gardener Mallard Magic on my lanyard instead. It just seems a better made call to me. I have a couple of other calls on my lanyard, but that one sees more use.

Westtnduckhtr

Have a Lares also, don't use it anymore, added to the collection. My favorite quieter call favorite is a RNT NOS. The three favorite on my laynard are the Haydel DR85, RNT NOS and a custom RNT Daisy Cutter filed on the original jig Butch made.

Dodge Man

Just my personal opinion but that has to be one of the worst sounding calls ever made.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 17

Bgoodman30

NOT A CUTDOWN!!!!
And there is an excellent how to video by Rusty Creasy on how to PROPERLY use a duck call and how to "read" ducks and when to call.

Yep. Plenty of good duck call blowers out there that don't know how to call ducks. Keep em locked in and turn them at right time…

Latest posts