Drop Away Arrow Rests

Mike Belt

My bow's been in the case since I took a spill on last year's opening morning of archery crushing my hip and breaking a leg. I did a quick glance and everything seemed to be ok with my bow. This afternoon I went out to start shooting and my rest is broken. Time to replace it. I've been shooting a zero effect rest since they came out with it a few years back. I've been pleased with it but at this moment I don't even know if they still make them. So-o-o-o you guys recommend me a comparable drop away rest.

deer hunter 21

I like the qad because you can draw and let down and the rest stays up, but with that said I really been thinking about going back to a biscuit for the simplicity and lack of moving parts.

TNDeerGuy

The ABSOLUTE best drop-away rest out there right now is the Bowfinger Medusa Max! It is better built, has a much stronger spring to ensure no bounceback, can leave it in the cocked position and it will stay there if you have to let down, it's full-containment, you can micro-adjust the timing without having to undo and reserve the connection point(something no other rest can do) and its price is comparable to QAD or Ripcord! It is made and designed here in middle Tennessee, by a fellow Tennessean, Steve Hutchinson, who is also an archer and he is also a machinist by trade. I've yet to see a problem with any of them, but he will stand behind them.

tree_ghost

I shoot a lot of archery. I have shot a QAD ultra for years now. I have had great results with it with the exception of 1 thing. The QAD has plastic gears inside it and after 1000-1500 shots they wear out and it has to be rebuilt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazyhubby70

I've had QADs on last 4 bows.....but next drop away will be 1 of the Hamskeas...been looking at them at the Pro/Ams....I like the different tie off options....

TNDeerGuy

AlexDad":3568jic7 said:
TNDeerGuy":3568jic7 said:
The ABSOLUTE best drop-away rest out there right now is the Bowfinger Medusa Max! It is better built, has a much stronger spring to ensure no bounceback, can leave it in the cocked position and it will stay there if you have to let down, it's full-containment, you can micro-adjust the timing without having to undo and reserve the connection point(something no other rest can do) and its price is comparable to QAD or Ripcord! It is made and designed here in middle Tennessee, by a fellow Tennessean, Steve Hutchinson, who is also an archer and he is also a machinist by trade. I've yet to see a problem with any of them, but he will stand behind them.

X2. I've had mine about a month and really like mine. I went from a No Cam to an Obsession and my best friend was shooting a No Cam as well. He bought an Obsession after shooting mine and took his QAD off his No Cam and that lasted about a week. He now has the Medusa Max on his as well.

Glad to see you liking it--it's an awesome rest! The problem with people like Steve, the owner of Bowfinger Archery, is because he is so small, he doesn't have the advertising dollars big companies like QAD and Ripcord have, even though his product is superior in so many ways. Steve is a successful archer, engineer, machinist and one of the finest guys you'll ever meet.

shootsme1

I used to be the bow tech at Benton shooters and was at the ata show when the rip chord was put on the market we already had a quad gen 1 on a shooter bow in the shop that broke after several months of shooting the guys at rip chord gave me a rest at the show it has been on six different bows since then . When it finally breaks I will buy another ,