Don't forget that tomorrow is NSD....

Bone Collector

TreyB":37ific0t said:
He did... All I am saying is Butch sign top classes as well. We all heard about it. JP is following in his footsteps so far with rankings in recruiting and record. :tu:

I think most people predicted UF to have around 7-8 wins... And TN with 5-6 so right on schedule for some.

TENNESSEE FOOTBALL 2019 SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
Aug. 31 Georgia State Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 7 BYU Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 14 Chattanooga Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 21 at Florida * Gainesville, Fla. LOSS
Sept. 28 OPEN DATE ****
Oct. 5 Georgia * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 12 Mississippi State * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 19 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. LOSS
Oct. 26 South Carolina * Knoxville, Tenn. WIN - I think we get them this year. Just have to keep the gas pedal down all 4 quarters.
Nov. 2 UAB Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Nov. 9 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. PICKEM
Nov. 16 OPEN DATE ****
Nov. 23 at Missouri * Columbia, Mo. WIN - Drew Lock is gone I think and they just got nailed with sanctions. Seniors can transfer without penalty.....
Nov. 30 Vanderbilt * Knoxville, Tenn. WIN - I think Shurmur is gone... I don't know who the QB is. It's in Knoxville, so as long as injuries aren't horribly out of proportion, I think we win.

There I fixed that for you :tu:

TreyB

Bone Collector":3b8k06ic said:
TreyB":3b8k06ic said:
He did... All I am saying is Butch sign top classes as well. We all heard about it. JP is following in his footsteps so far with rankings in recruiting and record. :tu:

I think most people predicted UF to have around 7-8 wins... And TN with 5-6 so right on schedule for some.

TENNESSEE FOOTBALL 2019 SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
Aug. 31 Georgia State Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 7 BYU Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 14 Chattanooga Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 21 at Florida * Gainesville, Fla. LOSS
Sept. 28 OPEN DATE ****
Oct. 5 Georgia * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 12 Mississippi State * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 19 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. LOSS
Oct. 26 South Carolina * Knoxville, Tenn. WIN - I think we get them this year. Just have to keep the gas pedal down all 4 quarters.
Nov. 2 UAB Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Nov. 9 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. PICKEM
Nov. 16 OPEN DATE ****
Nov. 23 at Missouri * Columbia, Mo. WIN - Drew Lock is gone I think and they just got nailed with sanctions. Seniors can transfer without penalty.....
Nov. 30 Vanderbilt * Knoxville, Tenn. WIN - I think Shurmur is gone... I don't know who the QB is. It's in Knoxville, so as long as injuries aren't horribly out of proportion, I think we win.

There I fixed that for you :tu:

Insert Kelly Bryant and Mizz will be fine... Vandy backup qb is pretty good. I think SC is in trouble this year.

elknturkey

buckaroo":yorzxuf8 said:
If our OL matures fairly quickly I can see the florida game a Toss up
How? Florida has owned Tenn for decades. They finished 7th last season and recruited better this year tho I consider it a wash. Blew out Tenn in Knox last year and it's in the swamp this year. Just curious how you see it as a toss up

TreyB

elknturkey":ey4ev00d said:
buckaroo":ey4ev00d said:
How? Florida has owned Tenn for decades. They finished 7th last season and recruited better this year tho I consider it a wash. Blew out Tenn in Knox last year and it's in the swamp this year. Just curious how you see it as a toss up

UF lost several starters on the oline... But the good thing is we rotated a lot and signed several this class. Hevesy will have his work cut out for him. But another good to it is that Mullen will out the QB in a good position to make easier reads if the Oline is struggling.

I think that is why he was saying that. But IMO UF wins that by 10+

buckaroo

elknturkey":21bs8h97 said:
buckaroo":21bs8h97 said:

Tennessee played terrible in Knoxville, and had about 6 turnovers, no team could overcome that, our line play was horrendous, there is a reason senior Richmond is transferrin, he will not start with the recruits we are getting

elknturkey

buckaroo":3o43m6w0 said:
elknturkey":3o43m6w0 said:
buckaroo":3o43m6w0 said:

Tennessee played terrible in Knoxville, and had about 6 turnovers, no team could overcome that, our line play was horrendous, there is a reason senior Richmond is transferrin, he will not start with the recruits we are getting
Gotcha. Tho Floridas D did cause about 4 of those. Then there was the fluck strip fumble touchdown. Def one of those times when everything that could go wrong did. What's your record prediction this year? Looking at the schedule I'd be disappointed in anything less than 8 wins not counting bowl game.

TreyB

gator-n-buck":1giqbyu0 said:
Umm.... UT is not a very good team at this point and there's no way around it. They brought in a good recruiting class and time will tell if CJP can coach them up.

:pop: :D

elknturkey

PalsPal":axn3gr6r said:
elknturkey":axn3gr6r said:
Then there was the fluck strip fumble touchdown.

That is an excellent choice of words. Mind if I steal that one :D ?
Sure but didn't realize I typed that till you pointed it out lol. Meant fluke

buckaroo

gator-n-buck":48rw53jf said:
Umm.... UT is not a very good team at this point and there's no way around it. They brought in a good recruiting class and time will tell if CJP can coach them up.

I somewhat agree, thats why I said if the OL comes along, they ranked no. 1, but will not suprise me if it takes until 2020, I will be disappointed if less than 8 wins not counting bowl

PalsPal

elknturkey":nev3u6io said:
Sure but didn't realize I typed that till you pointed it out lol. Meant fluke

I realize that, but it was PERFECT for that play :D !

BTW, TN will struggle to be bowl eligible next year. He gets a pass for last season (for the most part, Vandy is still a puzzler), but he doesn't need to lose any that he shouldn't.

Playing first year OLineman does not bode well. Besides QB, I'd say the jump from high school to college is the hardest for them, both physically and mentally.

buckaroo

I think Gibbs, Solomon, Crouch, Wright and Morris either are or were 5 stars, I believe gators got 0 5's this round?Of course they don't count the transfers in rankings, but if they did I read somewhere we would be 3rd in the country, not too shabby for a 5-7 team

elknturkey

gator-n-buck":2yf6p1aj said:
I agree but do believe JP will turn them around. I just don't see them winning the East with Georgia recruiting the way they have and Smart is a good coach even tho he's made some dumb calls. Florida has a good coach in Mullen and in a hot bed of talent. I mean the dude had Miss St ranked #1 at one point! Tenn should have took advantage when the east was so down but their administration isn't as committed to football like Georgia and Florida. Football is definitely better when all 3 are good.

PillsburyDoughboy

ALABAMA and Georgia setting themselves up for 1 and 2 again. Everyone else is playing for 3rd . I really don't see this changing for several years.

cbhunter

gator-n-buck":30h6mvrx said:

Truth hurts and as bad as I hate to say it, you're right. If we can see some significant improvements this year and get another "as good" or "better" class next year then everything will be looking up in the next 2-3 years. It is what it is for now but I do expect us to look somewhat better this year. I know our OLine was horrendous last year but I also do not like where we are at with the QB. He tries hard but I think we have seen his best (for the most part). He just isn't a winner IMHO

cbhunter

buckaroo":38vo6tsf said:
I think he is good qb if he has more than 1.2 seconds to throw

I just don't think he has it between the ears. I hope he proves me wrong. I think he must practice well but come game time, I just see it differently. If he was a rusher, it would hide some of the issues I see with him. I wish him the best but hope he gets beat out by one of the guys behind him. I think Maurer has the most upside of who is currently there.

Latest posts