Don't forget that tomorrow is NSD....

buckaroo

Vols finish with 2 out of top 5 lineman in country, the top 2 lineman in state, plus high ranked JC transfer lineman for what the experts say the best line group in the country, Neidumiere or what ever you spell it is no. ranked recruiter in nation, and finish out really good in secondary and great with To oto o, and Crouch which no one gave us a chance, all this after a 5-7 season, Volnation is happy

gator-n-buck

buckaroo":28b02lut said:
Vols finish with 2 out of top 5 lineman in country, the top 2 lineman in state, plus high ranked JC transfer lineman for what the experts say the best line group in the country, Neidumiere or what ever you spell it is no. ranked recruiter in nation, and finish out really good in secondary and great with To oto o, and Crouch which no one gave us a chance, all this after a 5-7 season, Volnation is happy

So you are saying there's a chance that UT goes 6-6 and makes a bowl game.... :mrgreen:

Tennessee Lead

Very happy with this class. Should fill some needs early.
I found this online earlier regarding the 2 transfers in Solomon and Gibbs if they're cleared to play this year.

"Found players with similar star rankings as Aubrey Solomon and Deangelo Gibbs on @247Sports and added them to the class calculator. Grand total ranking put the #Vols at 288.04. This would place this class 3rd overall in the country."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckaroo

gator-n-buck":20fokdq1 said:
buckaroo":20fokdq1 said:

So you are saying there's a chance that UT goes 6-6 and makes a bowl game.... :mrgreen:

Yep, Butch and Dooley days are over,

elknturkey

I wouldn't go that far. Pruitt has to get over the Vandy hump first......I kid I kid. The SEC loaded up with talent this cycle but it's still Bama and Georgia at the top. They widened the gap even more. Bad thing for the Vols is now Florida is building something special. East going to be interesting to watch next 2 years. West will be to with LSU and A&M

PalsPal

This guys needs to get paid, and I'm sure that he will.

This is so awesome!

@NiedermeyerB
Following Following @NiedermeyerB
More
Last but not least a big shout out to my guy @MMagness3 best recruiting assistant I've ever been around. We're gonna build this thing brick by..........just playin �� #PRUITTERA

Rankings are for star gazers. We filled crucial holes which is the objective, but will need a couple of more cycles to get to full roster. Plus, rumor is that JP isn't pleased with some of the staff's recruiting efforts and more changes are to come.

Want to know how good this staff did overall?

Look at the 247 composite top15 ... what sticks out like a sore thumb?

14-1 ... Alabama
11-3 .... Georgia
10-4 ... Texas
9-4 ... Texas A&M
10-3 ... LSU
12-2 ... Oklahoma
9-4 ... Oregon
10-3 ... Michigan
10-3 ... Florida
15-0 ... Clemson
8-5 ... Auburn
5-7 ... Tennessee
9-4 ... Penn St
13-1 ... Ohio St
12-1 ... Norte Dame

BTW, I gave a hint to our challenged-rivals :D !

TreyB

didn't Butch sign top 10 classes as well? :tu:

Kinda like Mullen taking a 4-8 team with the same exact players and turning it into a 10 win team. :D

PalsPal

TreyB":31fvs66c said:

Kinda like Mullen taking a 4-8 team with the same exact players and turning it into a 10 win team. :D

LOL, they were better than a 4-8 team, but I'm sure that you know that and probably argued that somewhere. Last year was impressive for Mullen, but didn't Muschamp win 11 one year ;) :rotf: ?

BTW, here's some numbers for you to chew on a while :lol: !

Team rankings are exciting, but can also be deceiving. The better benchmark is SB Nation's blue chip ratio: if you want to be in the national championship conversation, at least half of your signees need to be four-or-five star players.

Here's the post-Fulmer era in blue chip ratio:

Year Blue Chip Signees Ratio
2019 13 23 0.565
2018 8 22 0.364
2017 5 28 0.179
2016 10 23 0.435
2015 16 30 0.533
2014 16 32 0.500
2013 4 23 0.174
2012 10 22 0.455
2011 9 27 0.333
2010 12 27 0.444
2009 9 21 0.429

PalsPal

buckaroo":1oeatqis said:
Pruitt has 3 national champ rings is the difference

That gives him the credibility for players to believe that he will turn it in the right direction, plus his track record of getting players in the NFL.

They still have to prove it on the field, which I think the coaching changes will impact as much as added personnel. I think we beat Vandy if Chaney had been our OC, but who knows.

Hopefully, we won't have to rely too heavily on true freshman OLineman, because they normally aren't ready physically or mentally, but we might. So, this year might not be much better than last.

However, I still think not making a bowl game was an advantage to our OLine strength improvement, as that just gave them extra time with the hot-shot strength coach.

TreyB

PalsPal":c8cyxfya said:
TreyB":c8cyxfya said:

LOL, they were better than a 4-8 team, but I'm sure that you know that and probably argued that somewhere. Last year was impressive for Mullen, but didn't Muschamp win 11 one year ;) :rotf: ?

BTW, here's some numbers for you to chew on a while :lol: !

Team rankings are exciting, but can also be deceiving. The better benchmark is SB Nation's blue chip ratio: if you want to be in the national championship conversation, at least half of your signees need to be four-or-five star players.

Here's the post-Fulmer era in blue chip ratio:

Year Blue Chip Signees Ratio
2019 13 23 0.565
2018 8 22 0.364
2017 5 28 0.179
2016 10 23 0.435
2015 16 30 0.533
2014 16 32 0.500
2013 4 23 0.174
2012 10 22 0.455
2011 9 27 0.333
2010 12 27 0.444
2009 9 21 0.429

He did... All I am saying is Butch sign top classes as well. We all heard about it. JP is following in his footsteps so far with rankings in recruiting and record. :tu:

I think most people predicted UF to have around 7-8 wins... And TN with 5-6 so right on schedule for some.

TENNESSEE FOOTBALL 2019 SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
Aug. 31 Georgia State Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 7 BYU Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 14 Chattanooga Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Sept. 21 at Florida * Gainesville, Fla. LOSS
Sept. 28 OPEN DATE ****
Oct. 5 Georgia * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 12 Mississippi State * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Oct. 19 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. LOSS
Oct. 26 South Carolina * Knoxville, Tenn. LOSS
Nov. 2 UAB Knoxville, Tenn. WIN
Nov. 9 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. PICKEM
Nov. 16 OPEN DATE ****
Nov. 23 at Missouri * Columbia, Mo. LOSS
Nov. 30 Vanderbilt * Knoxville, Tenn. PICKEM

TreyB

PalsPal":n0vd4y76 said:
buckaroo":n0vd4y76 said:
Pruitt has 3 national champ rings is the difference

That gives him the credibility for players to believe that he will turn it in the right direction, plus his track record of getting players in the NFL.

They still have to prove it on the field, which I think the coaching changes will impact as much as added personnel. I think we beat Vandy if Chaney had been our OC, but who knows.

Hopefully, we won't have to rely too heavily on true freshman OLineman, because they normally aren't ready physically or mentally, but we might. So, this year might not be much better than last.

However, I still think not making a bowl game was an advantage to our OLine strength improvement, as that just gave them extra time with the hot-shot strength coach.[/quote]

Because those 14 extra practices wasn't worth it. Any coach I think would rather have those extra practices than to say "nah, go workout" in which they can do on their on if they are committed to winning. Just my opnion

Latest posts