Dogs running on my lease question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recoil

I have a lease in Robertson county and I'm having a small problem with the adjoining neighbor. He has four dogs that he allows to run loose on my property. Two of them are beagles and they are running deer for hours and also disturb turkeys. I've asked the guy to control them but he hasn't done anything.

He's a veterinarian and says his wife doesn't like hunting. I've tried to be civil but that ended when he posted a half-dozen No Trespassing signs with his name on portions of my lease. Before I obtained the rights to this property from one of my clients, he had free reign and acted like it was all his land. He resents the fact that I am now there.

My question: What can I do about dogs constantly running on my property and ruining my hunts? I've even had them come to my stand while hunting. I'm not a dog killer but this is really becoming a sore spot.

scn

That more than likely is a question for your county animal control folks and is not a TWRA issue.

If he is hunting or training on your property without the landowners permission, it is a TWRA issue and the landowner can discuss it with the local officer. Other than that, TWRA would have no regulations dealing with it unless he is intentionally interferring with your hunts. I doubt that letting his dogs raom free would get into the hunter harassment catagory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts