Do you have a squirrel dog?

CliffordN

When I was a young man we squirrel hunted with dogs after deer season. It was so much fun to walk through the woods with friends and get a sack full once the leaves were off.
I am looking for someone who has a dog who would like to make a hunt or two in Bedford county.
The place has tons of squirrels and has not been hunted.
Mostly greys, but I do see some fox squirrels in places.
Let me know if you are interested, and we can set something up.

slabhead

I grew up with squirrel dogs and loved every minute of it. Almost every afternoon when I'd get home from school I'd let my dog out of her pen, go in and grab a snack and my ole .22. When I'd come out of the house she'd be treed and we'd hunt for a couple hours. Got pretty good with head shots from my old bolt action single shot .22. Those were the days!

CliffordN

Just curious...Why do you need a dog to hunt squirrels? I've hunted them for 45 yrs without a dog. Is it just the style of hunting that you prefer? Again, just curious.
I don't need a dog to hunt them, it is just an enjoyable experience spending the time walking, talking, and watching the dogs work. I don't do a lot of hunting alone anymore.

Tenntrapper

I don't need a dog to hunt them, it is just an enjoyable experience spending the time walking, talking, and watching the dogs work. I don't do a lot of hunting alone anymore.
I understand, and if I had a squirrel dog I would head your way in a heartbeat. I love squirrel hunting...wished I had more time to get after them. I've never hunted squirrel with dogs, but I've heard it's fun. Wouldn't mind trying it sometime.

WME

I've got 2 pretty good curs. I'm in north Alabama. Always up for a road trip. I've taken them to Illinois and Kentucky before. I'll send you a PM with my information tomorrow

CliffordN

As we get to the end of deer season, this hunt gets closer. I sit and watch them, and wonder if they are aware of what is coming!

Latest posts