Do I need a special charger for my lithium battery?

tug

I have a 100ah battery ordered. I have a good smart charger that has settings for lead acid, AGM, Gel, and Crafstman Platinum (whatever that is).

First time with a $400 battery and don't want to damage it. Do I need a special charger, and if so, what kind or brand is the best idea?

WTM

there are different chargers for different lithium chemistries. is it a lifepo4 or an nmc lithium?

i wouldnt get one lower than 10 amp unless you want to be charging for a while.

tug

I posted a link the charger I ordered. It may not be visible. But it is a Power Queen 14.6 volt 20A 2 stage lifepo4 charger. About $120. Benchtop with a fan.

Thanks.

tug

Using the battery to run a 62lb trolling motor and maybe a aerator. Maybe a light. Maybe a phone charger.

Using the Power Queen 20a charger to charge the 100ah Lifepo4 battery with the 100AH BMS.

Bgoodman30

Using the battery to run a 62lb trolling motor and maybe a aerator. Maybe a light. Maybe a phone charger.

Using the Power Queen 20a charger to charge the 100ah Lifepo4 battery with the 100AH BMS.

Well that's well overkill for that application but you will probably be able to use it for several days without recharging.

tug

Well that's well overkill for that application but you will probably be able to use it for several days without recharging.
I don't mind having too much battery. I can use it for things other than fishing. But I would have bought a smaller trolling motor if I could have found one. I ended up with an Amazon brand motor because Minkota and Motorguide were simply not available.

WTM

I don't mind having too much battery. I can use it for things other than fishing. But I would have bought a smaller trolling motor if I could have found one. I ended up with an Amazon brand motor because Minkota and Motorguide were simply not available.
if you dont mind, can you give a short review of this battery and let us know what you think, problems, etc? im curious about these batteries a lot of these cheaper batteries dont have low temp protection but this one does.

tug

if you dont mind, can you give a short review of this battery and let us know what you think, problems, etc? im curious about these batteries a lot of these cheaper batteries dont have low temp protection but this one does.
Sure. Will a few weeks. Traveling.

Latest posts