do blood illuminating lights really work

breston

Could anyone fill me in on the blood illuminating lights I see in the gear ads in magazines. Do they really work for following a blood trail at night or low light conditions? If they do work can anyone give me some recommendations on the best one to purchase. Thanks

thejetman

Regular Coleman lantern. I don't know why, but it makes blood pop. I think it's the wavelength of the light that is put out.

Invmp12

Best one I have ever, EVER seen was an el'cheapo Winchester 3 double aa battery operated red/blue light combination. That thing probably didn't cost me $10 but I ain't going in the woods without it. Blood doesn't glow, it shows up a funny purple color, green grass, leaves, brown grass, don't matter it shows up.

THEdonkey0515

I bought one before last season started.

Made by Bushnell, I really got it for a back up light to keep in my pack. I don't remember how much it was exactly,but it was on sell for under $20.

It's a nice little hand held light, has 3 modes regular LED (bright) red, and the Blueish blood tracking light.

I didn't get to use it last season, because my kills were during the morning hunts, or were the deer could be found before dark luckily.

I'm looking forward to seeing if it really works.

BlackBelt

I've tried them over the years but found that a really good whitelight flashlight works just as well for me.
The more area you light up the better you can track.
Just my experience, and may not be typical.

breston

tracked a trail tonight for my friends 8 yo son who shot his first deer ever. Tried my blood light for about 30 seconds and then went back to my high power adjustable beam led white flashlight. Found the deer about 100 yards away in thick brush and small pines. Thanks for all your replies and you guys are right that white light from a good source works the best.

Hunter 257W

Interesting. I have one of the cheaper $20 "Blood lights" with white, red and "Blood" LED's. Luckily I've yet to need it in spite of owning it for several years. I've found all my late evening deer without any blood tracking.

Matador

Coleman lantern with a metal reflector attached that went halfway around the globe. Directed more light forward. It really worked well.

Latest posts