Did Your Bucks Make It Through The Season?

Mike Belt

Either by sightings or on camera... those bucks you saw over the course of the season... to your knowledge are they still walking? I saw very few this year and had very few on camera but I didn't see any of them show up at the checking station. Typically though, and I think I'm guessing conservatively, at least 75% of those seen by members or caught on camera are killed by our hunters at Ames.

Bodine270

Nope. The best one I've had on camera regularly since June got killed on property north of me. I've only gotten one pic of him during the day and never saw him while hunting. Oh well, the guy that killed him is a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

Not sure at this point....

3 mature bucks we had on camera until Nov disappeared... they either shifted off or were taken 1st week ML on another property. Wont know if they shifted back onto the farms and lived until end of January

4 mature bucks we killed, so I know they didn't make it :)

2 mature bucks are still alive and well as of Christmas, hoping they finish the gauntlet strong.

2 mature bucks disappeared right before Thanksgiving... I'm assuming they were killed during first rut on another property

1 mature buck was killed and I know about it on a neighboring property.

As far as the 3.5 y/o's... well, we hardly had any this year, but most didn't seem to have made it.

Boll Weevil

They're still walking through Tuesday of this week...so say the cameras. We had a perfectly awful year for seeing target bucks though we had them on their feet during daylight posing for the cams. Just never in the right place at the right time.

PickettSFHunter

Most of the younger ones have. One 4 yr old that was frequenting my place a lot got shot from the road, another 4 yr old roamed out to far and got killed 2 miles away, another 4 yr old is still alive. So maybe I'll have that one to hunt next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb357

Best I can tell they've all made it. They've shifted patterns in the last week and a half so I'm only speculating.
There's a few 3.5's and a 4.5 that will be on the list next year if they make it.
My target buck should make it unless he slips up. Never gotten a picture of him but have seen him on stand twice this year. I spotted him in his new late season bedding area/daytime hideout last weekend and it's a good one. They get crafty at 5.5

ridgehunter

I had about 4 good 2 and half year olds and one 4 and half at least and serval year and half olds,then somebody bought the property next to me and now they is just 1 small spike left.

hitek7

Nope. I shot the #1 on our list and we found #2 dead. Did have a few good 2 year olds with potential make it through.

ThorThor

The two 3.5 year olds I was hoping would make it have made it through last week when I pulled cards. Almost there.......
The booner didn't make it, my 290 grain barnes tmz finally found him.

duckriver

So far 1 of the 2 have. The other has disappeared the last week on cam. Both 3 year olds that I hope will be around next year

Mr.Bro

Nope! Didn't make it past Nov 12th.
IMAG0402_zpsqlcdzks1.jpg

20161112_181550_zpslcz1ir17.jpg

Latest posts