Did Your Bucks Make It Through The Season?

Poleaxe

Mine did because I choked and missed. Can't imagine how big he'll be next year. 3rd time is a charm cause I've missed him 2015 & 2016.

easy45

Ames killed my main target buck unfortunately but I believe most of them actually made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viper (tp)

The hunting club west of us, shot 3 or 4 of the good ones, I heard the big 6, 20 plus inches wide was shot during the hot weather we had, they tracked and couldn't find it, then found it later the next day, swelled up meat wasn't no good. Then I pulled the camera pictures and saw this buck with long brow tines, should be a hoss next year, if the juvies don't get him.

Attachments

• IMAG0027.JPG
    IMAG0027.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 575

tree_ghost

I'm deploying post season cameras this week...hoping that the 4 bruisers that were around in late December made it through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headhunter

Don't know and not sure how anyone really knows.

I hunt a fairly large piece of land in KY. Surrounded by a good bit of farm land. The area I hunt is not far from property line, 150 yards or so, and there a block of woods, about 250 acres that parallels the property line of the landowner I hunt on, he only owns about 20 to 25 acres of those woods. There is close to 150 acres of woods behind my stand that is all owned by the landowner I hunt on. The guys (great people and they either come by or we go there and look at deer that are killed) that hunt the neighbors blocks of woods had 10 different bucks over 130" on camera before this past season in that 250 acre block of woods, with 2 being easy over 150". I killed a nice buck that came from block of woods (the landowner I hunt on owns) the morning of opening day of gun season. My brother killed a nice buck out of the same tree that same day. The neighbors killed 4 good bucks, 2 that were over 150", by the next morning. I killed the only buck they had pictures of and they never saw and of the other bucks they had pictures of and we didn't either.
Another reason I don't use cameras.

Andy S.

Headhunter":132ya53u said:
......not sure how anyone really knows.
Trail cameras tell me and others whether certain identifiable bucks are alive after juvenile weekend, which in turn means they survived the hunting season. With that said, they could still succumb to the stresses of mother nature after that.

Mike Belt

Not every buck around is captured on camera. Still, if one is or is seen in person but not killed and that was a potential target buck for you during the season it would be nice to know that he survived the season (provided you did get post season pics). That won't necessarily put you any closer to killing him during season but it might keep you from shooting one that you might regret shooting had you known your buck was still around.

Buzzard Breath

tree_ghost":3jftq74t said:
I'm deploying post season cameras this week...
Same here. I just finished swapping out batteries and making sure the SD cards were empty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts