Deer processor?

Dbllunger

I would drive to Pott's deer processing in Wartrace. You can hop on 840 and hit 24 east and be there in one hour. I know that is a long way but they are worth it. Trust me. I have used them for many years. It is a 45 min drive from my lease in Wilson county but I never hesitate.

Basic processing is $70 I believe and they also do breakfast sausage, summer sausage and slim jim type snack sticks for an additional charge. Everything comes back vacuum sealed

Dbllunger

RageBow said:
Lebanon Meat Locker.

I have a lease 10 minutes from Lebanon Meat Locker and drive almost an hour to not go there. I tried it once a few years ago because it would be more convenient than Potts. Huge mistake. I was charged around $95 for basic processing. Everything was wrapped in freezer paper and not vacuum sealed. The yield I received was no where near what it should have been. The place was filthy.

Sorry RageBow if I offend you. Not my intention but it was my observations and I have heard the same from many since.

RageBow

Of course you do not offend me at all. I personally use CF meats in college grove, but thought Lebanon meat locker was closer as my buddy uses it.

Bulldog25

Dbllunger said:
RageBow said:
Lebanon Meat Locker.

I have a lease 10 minutes from Lebanon Meat Locker and drive almost an hour to not go there. I tried it once a few years ago because it would be more convenient than Potts. Huge mistake. I was charged around $95 for basic processing. Everything was wrapped in freezer paper and not vacuum sealed. The yield I received was no where near what it should have been. The place was filthy.

Sorry RageBow if I offend you. Not my intention but it was my observations and I have heard the same from many since.

I use Lebanon Locker and the only thing I don't like is that they use the freezer paper. Does Potts vacuum seal and about what do they charge for basic processing?

Bulldog25

Dbllunger said:
I would drive to Pott's deer processing in Wartrace. You can hop on 840 and hit 24 east and be there in one hour. I know that is a long way but they are worth it. Trust me. I have used them for many years. It is a 45 min drive from my lease in Wilson county but I never hesitate.

Basic processing is $70 I believe and they also do breakfast sausage, summer sausage and slim jim type snack sticks for an additional charge. Everything comes back vacuum sealed

Nevermind just noticed this post. I will look into Potts.

r1100s

We have a rare chance to hunt close to where we are working so it needs to be as close as possible too the 226 exit as can be, we took a doe to houstons yesterday because they were on the list as processors in the are and they told me they quit deer 2 years ago, so was going to the locker but had my wife come down from putnam co and just take her back to dyers. But any other close suggestions would be much appreciated.

shagy99

I have used potts. They have good prices and the meat is well packed. I went the full monty on a doe last year and got basic plus summer sausage and sticks. The summer sausage was wonderful. The deer sticks were really not that good. I gave a lot of them away. The steaks were well cut and well packed. Id say all in all potts is worth the drive. I'm from illinois and the old processors there had much more creative choices for the processed flavors (garlic sticks, BBQ, hot, bacon maple sausage) potts is quality processing but they dont get creative. I'll use them again if I am blessed with a deer this year so I can get some more summer sausage, it gets gobbled up on holiday meat and cheese trays!

pinsat203040

Im with the rest of the guys on this one. I grew up in Columbia and now live in the Murfreesboro area. I have used 4 different processors in Middle TN over the years and Potts is by far the best and worth the drive.

CamoGator

Lebanon locker is the way to go. I can't speak for the guys who don't like it but I love the place personally. I've never had an issue with them. The owner is a great guy and they do a great job. Processing is not cheap but they make the price worth it in my opinion. And if you'd like your meat vacuum sealed, do it yourself its not a big deal.

Latest posts