Deer in every county

PillsburyDoughboy

Snake":i9f9zcvg said:
Deer Assassin":i9f9zcvg said:
no one is as stupid as me

lol

travel and money is the least of the hassle IMO

haywood county should of been gravey great private land well it took 3 years bad weather deer wouldnt come out then i went to chaney lake hunt club ole vic (johnny dollar) put me in a great spot and it happened on the second evening

access to land and the deer coming out it the problem
and you cant be selective especially out east

in east tn i have roane loudon and knox
5pt knox
3 pt loudon
button loudon
3 pt roane

heck if it was a matter of driving and shooting it be great
I agree finding a place to hunt is the real challenge .

Yeah,,I use to know a lot of people. I am out of touch with that group now days, not that it's a bad thing, it's just different, I'm not having to chase down a different place to hunt every year or wondering if I am going to have to hunt public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catman529

Rockhound":3fnayng1 said:
catman529":3fnayng1 said:
Rockhound":3fnayng1 said:
I've killed in Lawrence, Murray, and wayne. I'd like to get giles, and hardin just to have all the close ones. I can get lewis, it's just a matter of doing it
you need to kill one in Williamson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I knew a guy that could hook me up, I might ;)
you say the word I am sure I could figure something out

Prowler

I have white, Cumberland, van buren, Roane, Morgan, Scott,
Fentress, Jackson, Pickett, smith, Grundy, Putnam, Wilson, cannon, warren, perry, and whatever county Natchez trace is in lol. Need dekald and I'll have all the surrounding counties plus some. That's enough for me.

tree_ghost

Man that seems like a tall order...I love a good challenge and loads of ambition to go with it, but it seems like you'd have to be on par with the governor to know that many people...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Deer Assassin

My reasoning for doing it is simple, I will never top my best TN buck.. period and I love shooting does so what else is there. The only "buck " goal i really have is a 150" plus 8 pointer other than that I dont care.
I love to travel and love hunting different areas of this great state. It is just something to occupy my late season. I have like 26 or 27 down already I should get blount and anderson down this year on my east trip and possibly sevier co the only counties that really worry me are the far north east. but in due time.
I figure I can get it done in 20 more years if i stay in good health but then again i might not make half of them I am over 25% done now

it is just something to do

and I know more folks than the governor :D

PillsburyDoughboy

Deer Assassin":28ymkz9y said:
My reasoning for doing it is simple, I will never top my best TN buck.. period and I love shooting does so what else is there. The only "buck " goal i really have is a 150" plus 8 pointer other than that I dont care.
I love to travel and love hunting different areas of this great state. It is just something to occupy my late season. I have like 26 or 27 down already I should get blount and anderson down this year on my east trip and possibly sevier co the only counties that really worry me are the far north east. but in due time.
I figure I can get it done in 20 more years if i stay in good health but then again i might not make half of them I am over 25% done now

Good luck, should be fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniel n

Deer Assassin":3fixtohp said:

I maybe able to help with Johnson and Carter next year. I'm not going to get to spend much time up there this year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

Buzzard Breath":4v2outc0 said:
If my goal was to kill in every county, I'd hunt Polk, Monroe, and Blount, first, in that order. Everything after that will be a cake walk.

You got that right! I live in Polk and I can promise you there is by no means deer behind every tree lol but there are some monsters up here in these mountains.

Buzzard Breath

Polk County's deer harvest for the 2014/2015 season was 112 deer total. That's less than half of what the next worse county was. Keep in mind, that probably half the county is National Forest that is open to the public.

JeepKuntry

I've killed deer in 4 counties. Anderson, Morgan, Maury, and Marshall. Don't have the time or contacts to try to take a deer in every county.

BULL MOOSE

Interesting concept.... a TN Deer Slam in areas, WMA's, and counties. We have a very diverse state.

I have killed deer in:
Greene
Lawrence
Giles
Wayne
Henry
Tipton
opportunity to add Hardeman, Madison, and Chester on my lease this year

WMA's include: Eagle Creek, Catoosa, Laurel Hill, old Anderson-Tully and hunted several others

states hunted with kills include: Kentucky, Alaska, New Mexico, and Montana

All have been great, but I really enjoy hunting in Puryear now.

Poleaxe

Deer Assassin":uf8yk5fy said:

I would enjoy getting to meet all the folks you do rather than getting out there and hunting. I'm sure you worry if you're gonna roll up and the guy is gonna be a douche bag. That would suck. Maybe that's not happened yet and hope it never does until you decide to cross out mcminn.

Deer Assassin

the people the land and the lunch are way more important than killing any deer

i kill plenty of deer as is shooting a deer in place for the most parts is the same. however the whole experience is awesome

some of the counties i hunt public land for the private land invites the fellow hunter has always been a great fella.

heck the haywood co doe vic was more tickled than i was that he put me in the right spot. it was a awesome hunt and hanging at the cabin CLHC members was a good time

i hunted giles with NBF when his cancer returned he sent me up in the woods i got lost and turned around for hours he shot his last buck it was a real good one I told him he sent me up there to push the buck to him. i helped him drag it out he was weak from chemo we ate lunch it was a great day never got giles done. I feel good I will this year as I have an opportunity the week of thanksgiving.

year before last blount co the weather was living hell cold wind and rain didnt see crap great time

last day of the year laste year wayne county with meathunter73 he killed a big 10 and I got my doe. we had a great day ate at bradleys in waynesboro food was good

all of my east tn hunts with kimberman and model 70 man have been a total blast we look forward to them each year something funny always happen when we get together more memories than i have time to list great public land hunters

out west last year in tipton co with down the brown was awesome gus chicken in mason every trip is a must i hunted with gene 2 years in haywood with no sucess but we got tipton done and that eve killed a big yote in lauderdale co

hunter drew we hunted in houston had a great time met one of my co workers at lunch that day also we hunted madison co the tree tx300mag put me in on the family farm in henderson co 36 foot up man i was up there great hunt

first one in humphreys co was with big game I dont think he is on here any more he put me in a 27 foot hang on i had my safety harness on so tight i couldnt move
i have killed several in the county since on public land but that first one was a memory i wont forget
smith county with crappie luck i shot 2 he shot one it took us 2 hours to get them out and we would of killed more if they had walked up we laughed about how stupid we were as we was taking a break we hunted jackson too had a chance but passed on a 6 hoping for a doe

of course my main hunting partner pmc hooked me up with marshall and maury henry williamson at the time we were talking the other weekend how we met spring of 04 thanks to this site and all of the great hunts together over the last 10 years to include new mexico antelope hunt truly a great guy and friend we are geared up we have a 3 day hunt with tx300mag next weekend it will be priceless i guarantee it. I am bringing the triton too

a lot of good memories a lot of good people a lot of good land and good deer and great food

well worth any money and time

i got perry knocked off this year due to my new lease
hopefully lbl (stewart co) will happen first deer i see is down doe or buck
oak ridge (anderson)
giles got a hunt with tn deer fella
blount hunting with another member
lauderdale hunting with gene actually i am just going for the chicken and bring him a 243 back i cant stand that dang thing in my safe another year
might get a few more in as well

life is good

Deer Assassin

oh and bedford co with ole game eye

ole bobby jackson what a freaking deer killer makes me look like a novice

i busted 2 that morn

macon county with tuffdoc busted 2 that morn too

the scenery in macon county was awesome

what good memories

The_Utility_Dude

Kinda surprised myself when I actually wrote them all down. I've got Cocke, Greene, Humphreys, Montgomery, Stewart, Hickman, Wayne, Henry, Anderson, Benton, and Union Counties covered. Only 84 to go. :super:

Boone 58

Wow! Start in middle or west first................lol. I have taken Tn deer in Wayne, Lawrence, Giles,......and hopefully Stewart in the next few years.

Rockhound

Deer Assassin":2y1ydeea said:
oh and bedford co with ole game eye

ole bobby jackson what a freaking deer killer makes me look like a novice

i busted 2 that morn

macon county with tuffdoc busted 2 that morn too

the scenery in macon county was awesome

what good memories

Don't forget about Lawrence while you're in the area, I've got you covered

Latest posts