Deer Assassin deer season 2020-21 review (20 Years in the woods)

Deer Assassin

i have just been so busy this year and am just getting around to doing my annual thread on the season in review . This was my 20 th year in the woods and I had a few goals I wanted to achieve. If any one is snowed in and bored beyond belief they can read my 10 year post. I couldnt find the thread on here. Here is the link to thread on 24 hour. I was given great hell for posting it. Thankfully the moderators dont allow that crap here.

This year was very hard for me. As i find my self getting older and even though i am in the best shape of my life i am still fat and out of shape. I fought a sore hip and excruciating pain in my left forearm (still have it ). I decided this year I have to slow down. I enjoy killing a lot of deer for friends and family and the needy, but the cost time and effort involved it a bit much.
Instead I am going to concentrate my efforts on completing my goal of killing a deer in every county in tn.

Killed 25 in 9 counties. 5 new counties 3 public land 2 private land . Killed a good buck on my land in dickson county and one in Gibson county, Brought 4 good hearts for my neighbor, friend, and tndeer member ole Ferg. I wish he posted more on here. had some great hunts.

Started the season off letting a friend, US MARINE, combat wounded vet hunt my place and kill the biggest buck off it. the 126 inch hole in the ear buck during the velvet season. I promised him he should see a deer but guaranteed cold beer and grilled steaks. It was a successful hunt and great weekend neither of us will forget ever. Pickett county hunt was just a great hunt killed deer #350 and checked off county 50, dont get any better. Hunted with rem 270 and checked off Obion county finally.
Hunted with my buddy Mike Bomb all year at the lease in houston county, great times great food and fellowship. Hunted with my girlfriend with no luck. Hunting should be about friends family and fun. Had the opportunity to load some killer 223 ammo up for several members assisting their young kids or spouses in their first kills. Double Browtines daughters video made me smile with her "sweet n tender" kill. All the text amongst friends all the kill pics sent back and forth... that is hunting
So many highlights, Spent an eve with ole gas man late season that was fun hunted with him and his son in cannon county and rutherford. No kills for me but was fun. Ended the season with a duck hunt. That was a hoot , hanging with Chimneyman ruger rem270 cbhunter gas man big lefty and his friends . I am truly blessed for all the friends I have met and enjoyed time with in the field all because a dang old web site ... TnDeer.com

Well on the back side of 20 years I was fortunate to kill a 185 inch archery kill Cheatham county buck. This really spurred my goal of killing a deer in every county in tn. As of now 50 of 95 counties have been checked off. I love traveling and hunting all over this great state. Meeting the people and sharing a memory forever is the true trophy.
I think I could write a book about the hunts in every county. I have had some great ones. Blount County hunting with bucky was a great 4 year adventure that wound up with my best doe ever. field dressed 25 in november.
Hunting bradley with catchdawg, and rhea and hamilton with hunter0925. Mcnairy, Hardin, shelby , Lawrence .... I seriously could write a book . Just so many great hunts.
I made my longest kill with spooner on tnclayboy's grand mothers farm in fayette county 491 yard kill.
Just truly blessed
memories that will last forever.
The year I killed the big one I killed a 5 point in knox county as was just as happy, I dont give two craps about big bucks, rather shoot a doe. Dont get me wrong I will still shoot one lol. But shooting a doe with a different weapon or at long distance or a new county will tear me up worse than any large racked buck.
Just gonna slow down moving forward.

After 20 years the numbers

352 killed 29,086 field dressed lbs of deer 289 from the air 63 from ground
5 side lock ml
2 recurve bow
39 cross bow
10 compound bow
84 ML
209 rifle
3 pistol

sept 14
oct 44
NOV 157
dec 91
jan 46

Be in the woods in NOVEMBER in TN period if you want to kill a deer.

few pics from this year and the last 10. There is so many just so many I cant get them all in this post ,
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

floppy tongue doe
enhance

enhance
enhance

enhance

kid next door first deer 2011
enhance

enhance
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

muddyboots

You talking bout a nervous wreck. In my mind I could 100 per cent put you on a doe. In reality it could have been you driving half a day and skunk city but thankfully good lord smiled on us. Good times for sure. You just know when you meet people if they are good people and deer assassin is no doubt good people. Hunt here anytime bro!

Deer Assassin

You talking bout a nervous wreck. In my mind I could 100 per cent put you on a doe. In reality it could have been you driving half a day and skunk city but thankfully good lord smiled on us. Good times for sure. You just know when you meet people if they are good people and deer assassin is no doubt good people. Hunt here anytime bro!
Great hunt for sure
I am glad I video that one doe
First video of any deer I have killed

And only to date

Latest posts