Deer and Coyotes are Killing Me

LanceS4803

So many times this year I have been on a flock when deer winded me and took off running right through the flock.
Happened again Sat when two deer ran through 3 Toms that were closing in on me.
Sun morning after the storms, the flock was in a field sunning when I saw a coyote trotting along and he went straight for the birds. Big battle, out of sight, in the woods. Putts, cackling and lots of wing flapping.
Needless to say, we were all done after that.
Heck, they even do it on my game cam!
PICT0019.jpg

catman529

dang and I was getting pissed whenever a deer blew at me. Nothing as bad as that. Sorry for the tough luck, hope you get revenge on every coyote and some deer too during deer season.

Atchman2

I had the deer do that to me early in the season. It was funny she couldn't see me, but she knew something was there. Finally she kept moving down wind more and more. She started pawing the ground and blowing at me. Finally she saw me move in my blind and she was off like a bolt taking the turkeys with her.

You need to take up coyote hunting! Every bit as challenging as turkey hunting and harder to find. The GREAT thing is you can do it 365 day a year! :)

Gravey

I think everybody that turkey hunts has probably had that happen before at some point. Somehow this year it hasn't happened to me and on one hunt I had 4 does literally 10 yards max looking at me but couldn't figure me out sitting in between some small scrub cedar bushes. I still don't know how they didn't smell me and spook but they didn't and just fed on off.

Latest posts