Deck lighting color

Rollo

I'm wanting to put some inside deck lights on my G3 CCDLX and curious of what color most people find helpful but not intrusive as far as night blindness goes. Red naturally comes to mind since the human eye supposedly recovers faster. How about blue or amber? Or just a dim white? From experience, what say y'all???

WTM

if you want to attract bugs then white, green or blue. if you dont want to atteact bugs then amber, orange or red.

look at the color warmth rating, anything 3000K and below wont attract bugs.

hillbillyfab

if you want to attract bugs then white, green or blue. if you dont want to atteact bugs then amber, orange or red.

look at the color warmth rating, anything 3000K and below wont attract bugs.
I was wondering about this. I like the blue and green...

WTM

I was wondering about this. I like the blue and green...

yeah the only draw back is the little bit of lower brightness. i installed some cool whites around my pool. big mistake until i did some research on color warmth. replaced all my lights with 3000k amber led spots. problem solved. heat and color frequency is what attracts bugs. red is invisible to bugs.

Rollo

might wanna be cautious of the blue ones i think i read somewhere blue is not legal and twra could stop you since they use the blue ones as emergency lights...............just check into it i might advise
Good to know. Thanks buckhunter50. however these will be inside deck lights but you never know who will bust your b@!!5 for it. Another reason I opted for the multi-color option