Front deck project

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I did this a couple years ago and found the pics while I was getting some off my photobucket account.
Just thought I would share.
Bass fishing out of a deep V is kinda tough so we decided we needed a front deck.
Ended up with a good place for my battery to be out of the way and got some dry storage out of the deal too.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
drrxnupe":3pwewar7 said:
Sweet! U should be a custom boat builder...missed your calling. :idea:

LOL thanks man.
The underneath looks pretty rough but I just used what I had.
One thing about it, it is solid there is no doubt about that. :)

The only thing I wish I had done differently was put the time (and it would have took a while) into removing / replacing the little triangle piece in the very front and put new carpet on it.
I guess I will do that when my trolling motor craps out and I have to replace it. :D

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
What are the decking supports anchored to, or are they just slip fit into the boat bottom? Looks like the front is anchored to the step up, but I can't really tell.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TNGunsmoke":2vzath7b said:
What are the decking supports anchored to, or are they just slip fit into the boat bottom? Looks like the front is anchored to the step up, but I can't really tell.

The 2X4 is screwed to the floor of the boat then the uprights are anchored to that with "L" brackets.

After I put my front deck in one of the seat pedastals became loose due to the wood being kinda rotten so I decided to replace the entire floor in the boat.
My original plan was to completely remove the plywood floor in the bottom of the boat and replace it with 3/4" marine plywood.
In 1985 when Bass Tracker mounted plywood to the bottom of their boats they meant for it to stay there, trust me on this.

So I removed all the existing carpet and then laid a sheet of plywood, that I painted then put carpet on it, on top of that and screwed it down to the existing floor.
I need to see if I can find some pics of that little project. :shock:

Latest posts