Deader than a hammer

MUP

On my place last evening. The squirrels didn't even come out till just before dark. Had the opportunity to take a few pics tho. Beautiful crisp early winter evening.
IMG_20221216_155207649.jpg
IMG_20221216_151717541_HDR.jpg

MUP

Also, especially on the East side, going hunting and not see a single deer, maybe even on multiple hunts. It's more rare these days, but it still happens from time to time. I know the deer are there, close by somewhere, but the timing of being where you can catch them moving along their arbitrary path feeding in the woods sometimes leaves you with no sightings at all.

backyardtndeer

According to my cameras, deer activity here has really dropped off. I was going to go this morning, but looked at the weather my phone and it said that the wind was 10 mph and gusting to 16. If I didn't already have 2 in the freezer is would have gone.

I agree though, watching the sun rise and seeing the sky painted as the woods come to life really is good for the soul imo.

philsanchez76

Took my nephew to a spot where we always see deer moving and got skunked! hard to keep a 7 yo interested when you don't see nothing. Ill be adjusting and taking him somewhere different today.

jlanecr500

If you believe in the solunar peak activity signs, here in the east, peak movement ended at 8am yesterday and today. Tomorrow, Sunday 18th, peak movement is from 7:01am til 9:15am. Monday, 7:49 til 10am.

BSK

Also, especially on the East side, going hunting and not see a single deer, maybe even on multiple hunts. It's more rare these days, but it still happens from time to time. I know the deer are there, close by somewhere, but the timing of being where you can catch them moving along their arbitrary path feeding in the woods sometimes leaves you with no sightings at all.
Can be true anywhere. In a very good year, we only see deer on 50-60% of our hunts. In a bad year, 25%.

Latest posts