Daytona 500 - updated w/ pics

gator-n-buck

Re: Daytona 500

The one race that I normally watch. Have a safe trip and a good time. You will be only 50 miles from where I grew up... :)

If you are going down 95, you should jump off and stop by my dad's store. I will have them give you a shirt or two.. :)

Of course, the ones in Gator colors.. :)

TeamMainStreet

Been by the track. Never been to the race. I did go to Charlotte once. The beer was high, I left broke, and couldn't remember who even won. :tu:

Gravey

gator-n-buck":2p6f81nj said:
The one race that I normally watch. Have a safe trip and a good time. You will be only 50 miles from where I grew up... :)

If you are going down 95, you should jump off and stop by my dad's store. I will have them give you a shirt or two.. :)

I'm going with a buddy whose family has had tickets for years. His parents have a house down there about an hour from it but can't recall the name of the town. His parents are there so his dad will pick us up and we'll stay at their house til we fly back Tuesday. I'll have to pass on the shirt unless I need toilet paper. :lol:
TeamMainStreet":2p6f81nj said:
Been by the track. Never been to the race. I did go to Charlotte once. The beer was high, I left broke, and couldn't remember who even won. :tu:
Apparently you can carry small coolers in so they already have them specifically for this and each will hold 6-8 beers. We'll be tailgating by 6:30 so I'm gonna have to pace myself. Too old to be s&%t faced by noon and the headaches suck. :tu:

TeamMainStreet

There was a group of us and we carried the small coolers in. What we carried in only lasted about 30 minutes. :rotf:

mjac

Central west coast of Florida, but hunt SE Tn.

Many times. Nearby parking is almost non existing and expensive. If you park in a satellite lot and ride in, be prepared for a long wait to get a bus ride back to the lot. From the lot you are forced to go north or south for miles before you can go west if you are staying anywhere West of the track.
At the track, priceless. The rest, not so much.
Enjoy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gator-n-buck

Gravey":3bzk62l1 said:
gator-n-buck":3bzk62l1 said:

I'm going with a buddy whose family has had tickets for years. His parents have a house down there about an hour from it but can't recall the name of the town. His parents are there so his dad will pick us up and we'll stay at their house til we fly back Tuesday. I'll have to pass on the shirt unless I need toilet paper. :lol:
TeamMainStreet":3bzk62l1 said:
Apparently you can carry small coolers in so they already have them specifically for this and each will hold 6-8 beers. We'll be tailgating by 6:30 so I'm gonna have to pace myself. Too old to be s&%t faced by noon and the headaches suck. :tu:

Find out the name of the town.. Could be close where I grew up... :)

Gravey

TeamMainStreet":2nfs76yj said:
There was a group of us and we carried the small coolers in. What we carried in only lasted about 30 minutes. :rotf:
That happened to us at the SEC championship game when the Vols and Mississippi State played. We were in a suite and the beer was gone in about an hour. The lady came in with a puzzled look on her face until we told her we had been there an hour. :super:

Gravey

gator-n-buck":25t7i4xi said:
Gravey":25t7i4xi said:
gator-n-buck":25t7i4xi said:

TeamMainStreet":25t7i4xi said:

Umatilla

gator-n-buck

Gravey"[quote="gator-n-buck":2xrn54jb said:
Gravey":2xrn54jb said:
gator-n-buck":2xrn54jb said:

TeamMainStreet":2xrn54jb said:

Umatilla[/quote]

10-4... You are staying 55 miles south of my parents.

Latest posts