Daughter took the piebald (update. Pics added)

Cheshire

This piebald showed up on our place 3 years ago. The last two years, all the neighboring property owners agreed not to kill him but this year, several of them said they would not pass him up. I was really wanting to see him make it one more year but I knew the chances of that happening were not good. My daughter decided she wanted to be the one that killed him so for the last week, she's been hunting him. She saw him yesterday afternoon after dark when she was headed back to the house on the ranger. She got home from college this afternoon and headed back out to hunt a hay field across the road from the house. She hadn't been there very long when he came out into the field with a doe. She got him in the scope but before she could shoot, a vehicle stopped on the highway and blew the horn. Of course, he bolted back into the woods. She text me and told me what had happened and I told her to just sit tight and maybe he would come back out before dark. Right before dark, he came back out following a doe. She made a great 200+ yard shot and he ran about 30 yards into the woods. We've had a lot of history with this deer so it's kind of biter sweet. On the other hand she's killed a deer of a lifetime and I'm very proud of the hunter she's become. Took him over to Maple Grove Taxidermy in Vanleer for a full body mount. Here's a couple trial cam pics of him from the last 3 seasons.
**uodate** I have since been sent pics from a guy on a farm about 2 miles from our place. Said this deer was born on his farm in may 2018. Actually had a fawn pic of him. Pretty neat.
Possibly the most unique deer killed in TN this year. Absolutely beautiful

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Congrats on a great trophy! Crazy the white hair kept growing every season to it almost covering completely.

I had one I watched on cam for 3 years (Avatar Pic is year 2). He finally became a regular on a cam. I took off on Nov 11 that year to hunt him before leaving that night for a business trip. Had a issue at a vendor near where I was going, so I ended up having to leave at 8 that AM. He walked by my stand at 45 yards at 9:30. Never saw him again but once on cam that next week. My dad was talking to a guy he knows that hunts 1.5 miles down the road. He shot him the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
What a memorable story. If it were me, I would take the photos and have a small photo album made (Walgreens has a simple Ap to do this) and place it near the mount to help share the story. Well done.

T2D2

This story embodies what it's all about. Patience, perseverance, cooperation (w/ neighbors), the beauty of nature, family & pictures to help remember it from beginning to end.
Huge congratulations to your daughter on the trophy and to everyone involved!

Jack Reed

That is one
This piebald showed up on our place 3 years ago. The last two years, all the neighboring property owners agreed not to kill him but this year, several of them said they would not pass him up. I was really wanting to see him make it one more year but I knew the chances of that happening were not good. My daughter decided she wanted to be the one that killed him so for the last week, she's been hunting him. She saw him yesterday afternoon after dark when she was headed back to the house on the ranger. She got home from college this afternoon and headed back out to hunt a hay field across the road from the house. She hadn't been there very long when he came out into the field with a doe. She got him in the scope but before she could shoot, a vehicle stopped on the highway and blew the horn. Of course, he bolted back into the woods. She text me and told me what had happened and I told her to just sit tight and maybe he would come back out before dark. Right before dark, he came back out following a doe. She made a great 200+ yard shot and he ran about 30 yards into the woods. We've had a lot of history with this deer so it's kind of biter sweet. On the other hand she's killed a deer of a lifetime and I'm very proud of the hunter she's become. Took him over to Maple Grove Taxidermy in Vanleer for a full body mount. Here's a couple trial cam pics of him from the last 3 seasons.
**uodate** I have since been sent pics from a guy on a farm about 2 miles from our place. Said this deer was born on his farm in may 2018. Actually had a fawn pic of him. Pretty neat.
That is one beautiful deer. Congratulations

Latest posts