Darryl Shearon Taxidermy

AT Hiker

I did some asking around and found out he didnt open last year, so he might not be doing any work this year either.
With chemical and shipping price increases its getting tough for the small taxidermist, I had to make a decision about this year and Im having to go up quite a bit.

AT Hiker

God, so even mounting a deer is taking second thoughts these days.
Im just a part time "garage-a-dermist", I send all my skins off to a commercial tannery and my orders are never big enough to ship freight or receive much of a discount. Its always been a labor of love but now with chemical price increase (tanning and form production both have seen huge increases) and shipping companies uprating packages its gotten stupid.
My price increase will barely cover the increase of my tanning bill increase, poor business decision I know, but Im only doing a extremely limited number of deer. Just enough to keep my craft fresh and talk hunting to people.

FTP

BTW, do you know where Denton is? I heard from his in-laws something about him being in Lexington, KY.
Does anyone know if Darryl Shearon Taxidermy in Pleasant View is still in business, and has anyone had him do work for them?
He is still working. Got a deer back from him this Spring, he's had a lot of family issues and some health issues, real good guy, had a lot thrown at him in the last 2 years. Keep him in your prayers.

timmerjet

He is still working. Got a deer back from him this Spring, he's had a lot of family issues and some health issues, real good guy, had a lot thrown at him in the last 2 years. Keep him in your prayers.

I actually spoke with him Friday. He has moved into his new shop and is up and running.
Do you have a currant address and contact information on him? I took a deer to him two years ago and he never contacted me to say it was finished so I would like to go see him and find out if it is done.

timmerjet

Any idea how to get in touch with Daryl Shearon? Phone number Address? He still has my deer I took in two years ago. He never called to say it was ready and never answered a voice mail so I guess his number is changed. I went by his, I guess old place today and the guy that lives there now had no idea where he went.

FTP

I've sent him a text. His new shop is pretty close to his old place from what he told me. Sometimes he takes a few days to reply.

Latest posts