Dang # of Pictures

catman529

Last pull was June 24 with 2,000 pics since May 24. I changed the sensitivity to Low so I wouldn't have as many false triggers, and it seemed to work. But I checked it yesterday out of curiosity (July 3) and had 770 new pics. :eek: Problem is the camera only has a 30s, 1m, and 30m delay settings. I don't want 30 minute delays but 1 minute is too short so I guess I will just keep it on 1m and be glad I have an 8 gb card and a very long battery life on the camera. Supposedly will take over 30,000 pics on a single set of batteries. Not sure if it's true but so far it looks like it might be.

BSK

catman529 said:
Problem is the camera only has a 30s, 1m, and 30m delay settings.

And that's why I pay extra for cameras with nearly infinite burst mode and delay time settings. I use different settings for each type of camera set-up (salt-licks, food plots, trails, scrapes, etc.)

catman529

BSK said:
catman529 said:

And that's why I pay extra for cameras with nearly infinite burst mode and delay time settings. I use different settings for each type of camera set-up (salt-licks, food plots, trails, scrapes, etc.)
I pay less because I get whatever is on clearance. :D

Some series of pics are a single doe eating at the salt lick for a long time, with pics only 1 or 2 minutes apart. But I do have plenty of cool fawn pics and a few young bucks. Hope the big boys show up this fall when they start to range shift.

JCDEERMAN

BSK said:
catman529 said:

X2

JCDEERMAN

catman529 said:
BSK said:
catman529 said:

I pay less because I get whatever is on clearance. :D

Some series of pics are a single doe eating at the salt lick for a long time, with pics only 1 or 2 minutes apart.

When I first got a Reconyx, which takes a pic every 1/5th of a second, I made the mistake of trying to get the most pics as possible. I put it over a salt lick and got over 3000 pics in one week. I thought it was cool until about pic #300 :D . I won't ever do that ever again! The only time I put it on that setting is over scrapes or fields

danny1975

catman529 said:
Last pull was June 24 with 2,000 pics since May 24. I changed the sensitivity to Low so I wouldn't have as many false triggers, and it seemed to work. But I checked it yesterday out of curiosity (July 3) and had 770 new pics. :eek: Problem is the camera only has a 30s, 1m, and 30m delay settings. I don't want 30 minute delays but 1 minute is too short so I guess I will just keep it on 1m and be glad I have an 8 gb card and a very long battery life on the camera. Supposedly will take over 30,000 pics on a single set of batteries. Not sure if it's true but so far it looks like it might be.
you tried turning off the time lapse. I learned the hard of having so many pics of nothing .

catman529

danny1975 said:
catman529 said:
you tried turning off the time lapse. I learned the hard of having so many pics of nothing .
not sure what you mean. My camera only takes pics when it senses IR heat/movement. I turned the sensitivity to low instead of normal because of all the pics of nothing. The wind blowing the plants and the hot sun were false triggering the camera. When I checked yesterday there were still a few false triggers here and there, but not nearly as many. The bulk of the pics were deer spending ridiculous amounts of time eating salt.

danny1975

On my spypoint and coverts they have a time lapse setting that consently takes pics . I turn mine off and just have 2 or 3 continuous shots When it detects something Also I kept my settings on low .

catman529

danny1975 said:
On my spypoint and coverts they have a time lapse setting that consently takes pics . I turn mine off and just have 2 or 3 continuous shots When it detects something Also I kept my settings on low .
Mine will do burst shots so I could do that with a 30 minute delay but I still do not like that amount of time between triggers in case some unusual critter comes through. My camera does not take continuous pics like some do. I think that's called plot watcher or something?

danny1975

Oh ok . I do mine multi shots . Especially for deer running and stuff . I had to turn the other off because after a week I had 1000 pics lol

catman529

danny1975 said:
Oh ok . I do mine multi shots . Especially for deer running and stuff . I had to turn the other off because after a week I had 1000 pics lol
I might try the burst mode possibly during the rut to catch chases on camera. But then I also hope to catch chases with my bow and arrow. :grin:

danny1975

Lol. I'm diffently going to do it rut . Been got that itchy trigger finger. I move a camera yesterday over a trophy rock . I had one before and they been tearing it up . The rock all gone and a home about 2 feet deep lol

Good time Charlie

I was talking to a guy at work and he said his cam would not pick up squirrels????Is this the Norm for most comm. cams?
My homebrews will pick up a moth flying.

danny1975

I got one pic of a falling limb . Caught the pic in mid air . Blowing grass sets mine off a lot , seem like squirrels would defiantly set it off

catman529

Squirrels set off my moultrie in the backyard and rabbits set off my primos in the thicket. Before I turned down the sensitivity I got a pic of a robin standing on the salt lick.

Mike Belt

It's a pain going through 3000 pictures for a 4 day set but sometimes you can get different angled shots making for much better pictures by getting so many. I'd opt for too many than not enough.

Latest posts