Dam-Way too spicey

bowriter

R.I.P.
Just came from therapy (one of my girlfriends) She said it was best chilli she ever ate. However it took six tums to follow it up and she would have killed for some Beano. Then she pulled on my neck really hard.

One of us farted. :)

Today I am doing a classic pork gumbo. The other girlfriend wants a gallon for a dinner she is doing Saturday. She said the chilli was superb but needed a tad more seasoning.

Go figure!

The chilli:

half pound hamurger, half pound ground pork-browned.
Half cup sweeet onions.
Touch of garlic
chilli powder
salt and pepper and a touch of worchest. sauce...maybe two touches.
Little Tony Chachere
1 can Rotel tomatoes with finely chopped habanero peppers.
1 can really good, organic, black beans.
lots of beef stock.
Bring to boil and cut back to simmer.
Simmer until it is the consistency you want or make a roux with massa flour and add that to thicken.
Do not serve until at least it has set for three hours.

I like to serve over angel hair pasta with a handfull of really sharp cheddar cheese on top. Pop in microwave until the chesse melts. I have also seen it served with a fried egg on top. Sounds nust but it is good.

TennesseeRains

Sounds good BW - thanks!

Do you use beef stock you've made yourself? I've found a lot of the store-bought stuff is too salty, so have to make sure to get low-sodium. Not really sure why salt is added - unless to help on shelf life???

When I make any stock, I don't add any salt - because I don't know what it will be used for. Of course, while dreaming about making fish stock - I add just about everything. :)

bowriter

R.I.P.
TennesseeRains said:
Sounds good BW - thanks!

Do you use beef stock you've made yourself? I've found a lot of the store-bought stuff is too salty, so have to make sure to get low-sodium. Not really sure why salt is added - unless to help on shelf life???

When I make any stock, I don't add any salt - because I don't know what it will be used for. Of course, while dreaming about making fish stock - I add just about everything. :)

Normally I make my own stock from whatever I am cooking. If I don't have any, I use Swansons, you can get without any sodium. I use thebones from beef or chicken and then strain it and I use fish or shellfish and strain that.

jb3

Wife made chicken noodle soup couple weeks ago by cooking the chicken whole. It made a nice pot of stock. Can't stand the smell of seafood stock. My sister worked at a restaurant that made excellent seafood gumbo, it sold out everyday they made it. Personally, I couldn't stand it.

Latest posts