Dale Hollow?????

easy45

We are gonna be staying at Standing Stone State Park April 1st & 2nd, and are gonna try Dale Hollow for the first time, can anybody give me some tips and want to guide the wife and I, lol, I've never even fished a lake like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Larry

Send me a PM when it gets closer. I don't fish Dale Hollow a lot but usually know what's going on. If it's like it has been in the past few years. that week will be wide open on an Al rig and a jerkbait. The lake is know for smallmouth which it still has plenty of, but there are a ton of largemouth in there now as well.

Cottontop

Depending on what you want to catch, don't overlook big bluegill and shellcracker. It might be a little early but I have wore them out the first week of April in years past.

easy45

We would love to get on some bass but I guarantee we wouldn't turn down a good haul of bluegill and she'll cracker either, also I have never caught a walleye and know there are some there.

Prowler

Standing stone lake also has plenty of fish in it. Bring a trolling motor and a battery and I think it's 6 dollars for a Jon boat
For the day. I only bass fish but have seen plenty of bluegill/shellcracker/crappie in there.

catman529

I just reserved a camp site at the end of April. Going for carp but also smallmouth or walleye if I can get into any. Tough lake to fish

easy45

Prowler":2qwhxr1n said:
Standing stone lake also has plenty of fish in it. Bring a trolling motor and a battery and I think it's 6 dollars for a Jon boat
For the day. I only bass fish but have seen plenty of bluegill/shellcracker/crappie in there.

A ranger I know there told me their lake has been drained all winter.

Scud

Walleye fishing at night might be going by then. Throw jerkbaits on bluff banks where you can hear the shad breaking.

Latest posts