CVA and Powerbelt

SudberrySlayer13

jasperhoyt...I have shot powerbelt in my cvas for years but this year switched to hornady and i am very happy with the grouping. I shoot the optima pro max load with 250gr hornady and im shooting sub 2in groups at 100....make the switch

jasperhoyt

I have the Optima Pro also. I had one shot just left of bullseye on 1st shot and not in the circle on 3 other times. I've heard about tumbling issues with the Powerbelt and realtively new to muzzleloading. I shot Harnady in a 12 gauge slug gun and was very impressed with the grouping.

travle

i shoot powerbelt from my CVA buckhorn never have had an issue. But you can shoot any brand you want to.

CamoGator

My wife and I shoot TC shockwaves. 200 grain. It does the job just fine on a deer and is very consistent. I have an older CVA wolf and hers is a newer model. The powerbelts never shot good for us.

WRbowhunter

I also shoot the Optima Pro and powerbelt. Every buck I shot with it fell in his tracks. But have shot 2 does that ran off with very little blood trail and took some tracking to find them. Also sighting in seems to always be a challenge. So here is my question How different does the Hornady shoot than the powerbelt? Meaning will they hit close to the same spot as the powerbelt but just better grouping or will I have to start all over in sighting in. And no I'm not going to switch without signting in just want to know if I will be starting all over or will just have to do some minor adjustments

Bone Collector

I fell for this too when I first started ML hunting. I got the optima pro and it said to shoot PBs so I did. I switched to Hornady wasn't happy, so I switched to TC Shock waves (the bonded ones). Haven't had an issue yet and get good groups.

I now shoot the CVA Acura. My old Optima Pro weighed about 8-10 lbs. it was like carrying an anchor into the woods..

SudberrySlayer13

Tc Shockwave is made by Hornady there for the bullets are practically the same thing and as for shooting compared to powerbelt... i agree i have never had a deer run when hit by the powerbelt but there was also very little amounts of blood where the deer lay when sighting in my rifle this year i only had to make a few minor adjustments to my scope switching from powerbelt to hornady.. my groups are just way more consistent and tighter.... therefore building my confidence and reassuring me that my bullet is going to hit where it is aimed

Latest posts