Current lowest price cellcam available

megalomaniac

Well, I'm sold

I brought my cam to TN and set it up on a community scrape. Pics off and on, but Monday morning activity at that scrape went off the chart with multiple bucks hitting the scrape, and multiple does captured running obviously being chased. Mine was set to transmit 8x/ day, so I got my 2nd set of morning pics at 1145am. I decided I needed to do a midday hunt, headed out, and got into 8 deer before I even reached my stand. One of the does was in heat, and had a 5.5 y/o tending her. I took him a little before 1 pm. I probably would not have hunted that location midday had it not been for the flurry of activity that morning on the scrape.

Camera is still on it's first set of batteries, and camera continues to work flawlessly. The app seems to be getting better to view the pictures. There needs to be a faster way to manage the pics on their website. I brought the camera back to MS to put on my lease here, and will continue to give updates as season and my usage progresses.

Jmed

As I stated earlier, you get what you pay for with cell cams. Im running 13 coverts in 3 states and have zero issues or complaints!

megalomaniac

Cam is on sale at Academy for 129 for black Friday. Plus $50 rebate is still good. I decided I needed a second one :)

My 1st cam is still on original set of batteries!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

1st cam still going strong on original lithium batteries. No problems with both of my cams, and app is working better as well

BULL MOOSE

megalomaniac":i29humhc said:
1st cam still going strong on original lithium batteries. No problems with both of my cams, and app is working better as well

That's great!

TheLBLman

megalomaniac":28cngbdz said:
1st cam still going strong on original lithium batteries.
Glad it's still going, but keep in mind lithiums maintain at 100% until they suddenly 100% die.
Very unlike other batteries that start going down, giving you days or weeks notices when they're running out of juice.

Spurhunter

App is getting better and my camera has been excellent. If I keep it on low sensitivity and keep it out of areas where the sun and shadows play tricks on the sensor I don't have any complaints. I don't think you can go wrong for under $100 (assuming I get my $50 rebate).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

I know that about lithiums....I'm just impressed that I've gotten 3 continuous months out of a cellular camera on a single set of 12 batteries. Again, it's set to transmit 8x per day and not instantaneously after each pic, but that's still pretty darn good, IMO.

megalomaniac

Update...

1st cam gave me 4 months straight in the field and worked flawlessly on a single set of batteries.

2nd cam worked great for a month, then daytime pics were pink hued, then batteries went dead after a month. Lots of missed triggers on a feeder with a back up cam (as I suspected this camera was not functioning well).

Sending it back to the factory (still awaiting the $50 rebate after 2 months.... prob should have returned it to Academy). Will continue to update..

1st camera was still working great 2w ago. I shut it off to save camera life and the $9 per month fee for cell pics. I will reactivate it during Turkey season.

Spurhunter

megalomaniac":2j00j24l said:
Update...

1st cam gave me 4 months straight in the field and worked flawlessly on a single set of batteries.

2nd cam worked great for a month, then daytime pics were pink hued, then batteries went dead after a month. Lots of missed triggers on a feeder with a back up cam (as I suspected this camera was not functioning well).

Sending it back to the factory (still awaiting the $50 rebate after 2 months.... prob should have returned it to Academy). Will continue to update..

1st camera was still working great 2w ago. I shut it off to save camera life and the $9 per month fee for cell pics. I will reactivate it during Turkey season.

Man I hate to hear this. Mine has worked so well I was thinking about buying several more. I got my $50 rebate last week, well over 3 months after I sent it in. I guess cheap cameras are a crap shoot.

megalomaniac

Update. Brand new camera received from Moultrie customer support. There was an issue with the IR filter causing the camera to fail.

I'm happy with the quick turnaround service. (6 calendar days from me shipping cam and receiving new cam).

I'm very unhappy with spending $14 to ship their defective product back to them, another $10 of monthly data plan for a nonfunctioning camera, and another $15 worth of lithium batteries down the drain. I have appealed for Moultrue to cover my shipping and at least credit the data for that camera while nonfunctional. I'll eat the cost of the batteries.

In retrospect, do NOT send a defective camera back to the manufacturer if within the typical 30d store return policy. Return it to the place of purchase instead and save yourself the shipping cost that Moultrie will not cover.

I did receive the $50 rebate on the defective camera, however.

I'll put the new one in the field in a couple weeks and continue the updates

megalomaniac

Update.....

I placed both cameras (my original, plus the replacement for the defective one) back in service this past week...

Both are working flawlessly so far.

Latest posts