Couple big "ifs" but.....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If my son is off and if the weather is permitting, gonna take the Coot for her first trip to the big water.
Gonna go to their house and take her out on KY Lake Saturday.
Hoping we can catch up to some smallmouth.
Friend of mine that fishes there alot said he has caught them more this year than he ever has.
He said the best tip he can give me is, just go fishing, you will catch them.

We will see.

BigCityBubba

My parents first took me to KY lake when I was around 5 and have been fishing it ever since and have never been able to consistently catch smallmouth. I would love to know how it is done. Of course, these days I have no idea how to catch largemouth anymore. I blame the asian carp because it certainly couldn't be me.

Good luck. Leave a few for the rest of us.

gasman

If my son is off and if the weather is permitting, gonna take the Coot for her first trip to the big water.
Gonna go to their house and take her out on KY Lake Saturday.
Hoping we can catch up to some smallmouth.
Friend of mine that fishes there alot said he has caught them more this year than he ever has.
He said the best tip he can give me is, just go fishing, you will catch them.

We will see.
IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his booty every time he hopped

NumberOne

This time of year the smallmouth get tougher to catch but they are there. November to April is the best time for smallmouth. My favorite is November through early December. Others catch them a lot better February through April.

WTM

Has to be a "bumper crop" this year. The water has been extremely stable. Water level and temps. Should be a great spawn.

hopefully. the largemouth spawn started earlier this year with warmer temps. the first observed eggs on the north side was the last week in march. smallmouth had already started a couple of weeks before that. hopefully with the longer window it was a good spawn in areas with good submerged habitat.

NumberOne

Looking like a pretty stiff North wind Saturday.
No bueno on KY lake.
I will go back to one of the large ponds I fish.
Ain't trying to die.
Where are you putting in at? I see 5-10 out of the ENE. Pretty manageable wind on most of the lake. Now 5-10 out of the NW and I would agree. It would probably get a bit rough.

RobbyW

Well did you go? I have only seen a couple boats and the water is smooth. This might be the perfect morning to go. All fishermen stayed off the water because the pleasure boats and it's too early for them so you would have had the lake to yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 47

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well did you go? I have only seen a couple boats and the water is smooth. This might be the perfect morning to go. All fishermen stayed off the water because the pleasure boats and it's too early for them so you would have had the lake to yourself.
Yep we just got off the water. Beautiful morning!!!
I ended up with 6 he had 2. Pretty tough but it was fun. Hard when you know nothing about a lake.
Caught mine off cypress trees with a lizard. One of my favorite ways to do it.

Latest posts