Cougar Confirmed by TWRA in Wayne County, Tennessee

Southern Sportsman

Land Between the Lakes":29h7k7i8 said:
According to the TWRA website, another cougar confirmation has been made in Wayne County, Tennessee. I believe it is now the 8th cougar confirmation in Tennessee this year.

It's amazing to me that we went decades with no confirmed sighting and they were treated like bigfoot. Then we had one irrefutable picture in Obion Co, and now they are popping up everywhere.

BULL MOOSE

I do not believe they have been here till very recently. There have been a lot of cameras running in the last 15 years. And there have not been any road kills.

Not even Bigfoot can escape cameras.

Rjratliff1975

Seems there are definitely at least a few calling Tennessee home again. Kentucky has also had several recent sightings. Appears the population is expanding back into some of its former range.

Land Between the Lakes

Nearby Missouri has literally had over 60 cougar confirmations in recent years. Arkansas has had several confirmations as well. I think in the future cougar confirmations will continue to become more common as more wild cougars wander from the western and great plains states, and expand into the Midwest and possibly southern states.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a few cougars from Florida wander north and end up in places like Alabama and Georgia. In fact, a cougar from Florida was actually shot by a hunter a few years ago in northwestern Georgia. So if more cougars end up in Tennessee, I really think they will come from states west of Tennessee, and states to the south of Tennessee.

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-natu ... on-reports

csi-tech

Several of these have been reported in Humphreys County. I am glad to report with 6 cameras running on 400 acres I have seen zero mountain lions, bears or super big bucks. :roll:

Land Between the Lakes

It's amazing with all the hunters hunting right now, and with all the trail cameras set up across the state, there haven't been any pictures of the cougar in the last few weeks. Or if there has been people just aren't telling anyone.

Latest posts