Controversial statement about fishing

Sako

OK, Ok, I know some of you will not agree... it has been a long time since I have eaten a crappie and I catch them for fun this time of year off my dock. Well yesterday, I decided to give one a try again. Caught a nice almost 12 inch fish, fileted it and gave it a grease bath. Wow.. still one of my least favorite fish to eat. the flesh is just to "soft" for me... I love eating bream, shell crackers, catfish and some people think I am crazy but drum cooked right is fantastic... so I guess I am the weird one out... I have no desire to keep them and eat them. Yes they are fun to catch but not the best on my taste bud scale. Flame away... :)

Mud Creek

adam sandler shut up GIF

JJBraves

I would have to agree with you on that. In my opinion, shad are the best freshwater fish to eat with walleye coming in as a close second. Cant beat them fried whole; the fins are like potato chips when fried.

Omega

I love crappie, and while it's been some time since I fished, I will rank fresh water fish thusly: trout, walleye, sauger, crappie, panfish, catfish (blues 10" or so), then bass, and only the just legal size.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My wife wouldn't eat fish for years
Finally got her to try it and now she actually asks for it.
Her and my best friend agree with me in order of preference
Bream
Bass
Crappie

A filleted crappie is pretty much tasteless to me.

I would actually put catfish between bass and crappie also.

With that being said I can't fish where there are walleye and sauger with any regularity.
Sauger is the best freshwater fish I have ever had.

WTM

id prolly rank them, walley/jack salmon, shellcracker, bluegill, yellow bass, spotted bass, crappie, white bass, small lmb, fiddler flatheads, fiddler white cats, gasper goos, silver carp, and spotted cats. ive eaten gar but did not care for it. id rank trout between canned jack mackeral and dog shat.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
id prolly rank them, walley/jack salmon, shellcracker, bluegill, yellow bass, spotted bass, crappie, white bass, small lmb, fiddler flatheads, fiddler white cats, gasper goos, silver carp, and spotted cats. ive eaten gar but did not care for it. id rank trout between canned jack mackeral and dog shat.
Trout hit different out of the white River lol
Just sayin

Latest posts