Congrats Trey!

Gravey

All I read this week on the Vols was the defensive line was solid, the linebackers and safeties were much improved, and at running back there was a 3-headed monster. Well after this game I'm looking for all of them as they didn't show up. BVS is still real. 😬 Congrats to the gators (and @Trey13 ). They were the better team tonight and that's all that matters.

Trey13

I honestly was worried about UF oline to Tn dline speed. They held own and shocked me from game one till tonight. I worried about the youth and JH going hurry up but I honestly think Milton killed his playbook for the most.

IF I were JH, I'd bench Milton and put ur freshman in. He is the future. Let him get most of the season good or bad but build on him getting good game experience. Not sitting behind Milton that leaves anyway after season is over.

chris1976

There were glaring problems across the board tonight. I never thought I'd say this but…….It's Nico time. Win lose or draw, get that guy some experience. I wanted him to sit and learn the system but the time has come.

I don't care if we go 6-6, nothing to lose from moving on and changing qbs
I really do understand what you are saying but that is Joe's team. A change like that could totally nuke a locker room. Sometimes drastic measures are called for I reckon. Nico would definitely be better at extending plays. Something we are definitely missing without hooker.

Spurhunter

Napier had them ready and a great game plan on both sides of the ball.

Did not see us being manhandled on both sides of the ball.
Well stated. Tennessee was outcoached and outplayed on both sides of the ball, and that's an understatement. Enjoy it this year @Trey13 because next year is really going to be our year! 😅

Spurhunter

There were glaring problems across the board tonight. I never thought I'd say this but…….It's Nico time. Win lose or draw, get that guy some experience. I wanted him to sit and learn the system but the time has come.

I don't care if we go 6-6, nothing to lose from moving on and changing qbs
I disagree. Milton wasn't the problem last night. He's not Manning, Hooker, Martin, Holloway, Ainge, etc., but even those guys would've struggled last night. The game plan was horrendous! The offensive line was pitiful. Florida was pressuring him on every snap with 4 guys! When you can do that you can drop the other 7 in coverage. I just don't think dumping a true freshman into that offensive dumpster fire is going to accomplish anything.

bowhunterfanatic

I disagree. Milton wasn't the problem last night. He's not Manning, Hooker, Martin, Holloway, Ainge, etc., but even those guys would've struggled last night. The game plan was horrendous! The offensive line was pitiful. Florida was pressuring him on every snap with 4 guys! When you can do that you can drop the other 7 in coverage. I just don't think dumping a true freshman into that offensive dumpster fire is going to accomplish anything.
I'm so torn on this. I absolutely agree with everything you just wrote. But at the same time it's very clear Milton is never ever ever going to win us a game we otherwise shouldn't have won. And there is a chance he may lose us a game that we otherwise should have won. I love his attitude and hoped he'd be the guy but at this point he is what he is. A rocket arm that isn't good at QB.

Trey13

I see what your saying but I say turn it over to him and learn it on the field. Heard someone saying the OC that left was the brains behind last years success. Kinda see it now

cbhunter

I really do understand what you are saying but that is Joe's team. A change like that could totally nuke a locker room. Sometimes drastic measures are called for I reckon. Nico would definitely be better at extending plays. Something we are definitely missing without hooker.
While I agree
i agree on the play calling:game plan. But still stand by my statement. Besides the dime he threw on first Td drive, he was bad bad. That's two weeks in a row

Lots of people blameD the wide receivers last week and Thorton did drop an easy dime. Other that that there were a few catches that receivers COULD have caught but not many that were thrown well and SHOULD have been caught. Milton clearly isn't the only issue but at the same time, he is holding us back

I expected a drop off this year and not surprised to lose in the swamp. Last two weeks have been ugly all together

Latest posts