Compressed loads question

Blackbullet

I had a 300 win mag that I loaded H1000 and 190gr SMK out of a 30" Hart barrel , it was a compressed load. I'm not going to say how much H1000 I was stuffing in there. LOL........
Lol. That had to be a stout load. I ran around 76 gr H1000 behind a 208 eld and I thought that was pretty hot. I don't think it was compressed if memory serves me correctly. I bet you was stroking that 190 from a 30"

Blackbullet

Having never loaded a compressed load, I am confused about this. If your load says it's 103 percent case fill, how do you get all the powder in there to compress it?
Can someone explain this?
Thanks
I run 65 gr N570 in a 6.5 saum. I don't have quick load but quick load would tell you it's a compressed load. If I fill the case with a regular funnel, it will fill it almost to the mouth of the case. If I fill it with a funnel with a 6" extension tube out of the bottom of the funnel, it settles way down farther into the case. Not hardly any crunch at all when seating a bullet. I run a highly compressed load in another cartridge, compressed even after filling with a long drop tube funnel. Power is way slow for the cartridge I run it in. But it works. The draw back is this: after time it pushes the bullet back out of the case a little. So, I only load enough to hunt with over a season. But it is a good bit more than 103% compressed. Where ever you got your 103% figure from..... That is based off of a certain brand of brass and bullet being seated to a saami standard cartridge overall length. So all of that being said..... You may be more or less than 103% compressed depending on what brass you are using and how deep you seat your bullets.

Latest posts